Way too early - Possible 2020 Democratic Candidates

Nobody had heard of Obama two years before he became President either…

Just curious but what did you mean by this? That he’s a conservative in liberal clothing? I’ll have to go back and watch Ruhle’s program again because he sounds like a great candidate based on what you’ve enumerated.

Also, obligatory Stephanie Ruhle GIF

ezgif-5-54f17a89a3

Definitely not true. Obama made a huge splash with his speech at the 2004 Democratic convention. People had their eyes on him after that, but not for a Presidential run as early as 2008, which everyone assumed would be Hillary’s nomination. I even have a fun Gore/Obama '08 bumper sticker!

Went back to watch today’s episode and now I know why I didn’t remember him. He’s not exactly Mr. Charisma.

Steve Schmidt gave another eviscerating anti-Trump screed on her show today. That’s a conservative dude I would totally support.

So, we all know that Kasich is pretty conservative, but he generally has governance in mind.

Hick is the same, except as a Democrat. Works across the aisle, not afraid to shoot down dumb ideas from Democrats and accept good ideas from Republicans. Logical, reasoned.

There is a reason that he and Kasich are mentioned together all the time. They’ve done some cross-state, bipartisan initiatives together, and they are often discussed as a right/left combo.

Yep - that will be a big problem for him

Governors are generally viewed as stronger candidates than Senators since they are perceived as Washington ‘outsiders’, so he might have a better chance than some think. His position on fracking is why I’m not overly enthusiastic, although as mentioned above, a Western governor from a purple state would probably do well in the general

Yup. Never in my life have I seen anyone go from Nobody to Prospect in so short a span of time.

Not me. Steve Schmidt is the one who opened the first six seals when he turned Sarah Palin into a VP candidate. He’s playing the usual Never Trumper game of pretending that Trump is some sort of interloper who has nothing to do with the GOP and not the logical culmination of everything the GOP has been headed towards for the last 50 years.

Eric Holder tonight during interview with Chris Hayes:
“I’m thinking about running.”

I didn’t realize he had Presidential ambitions. Man, I wonder how big the Democratic field is going to end up being.

He’s my #1 choice right now. (meant Merkley definitely not Holder- who has HIllary-like negatives)

Sure, but will enough voters get behind this?

“Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot in things racial, we have always been, and we, I believe, continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards,”

I would, which means we are screwed, probably

Holder? Really? Does he not realize the entire campaign will be about his damn meeting with Bill at the airport? It’s Benghazi all over again.

Lynch met Clinton on the tarmac, not Holder.

I get my AGs mixed up!

Fast and Furious, though, right? Is that the right scandal, or am I thinking of a Vin Diesel movie.

Yep. Fast and Furious was Eric Holder’s big scandal while he was AG.

But either way, a Holder nomination would be disastrous. The right is already riled up about his AG term. (and it wouldn’t be too long before they all became convinced that it really was Holder in the tarmac meeting…)

No one’s gonna vote for fucking Holder, jesus christ.
It’s amazing that three idiots on that show, including Holder himself, seemed to think there was even the most remote chance that he could become president.