Way too early - Possible 2020 Democratic Candidates

I don’t like her. As DA she was against legalizing marijuana, which suggests to me she enjoyed locking up minorities.

Yes, the African-American/Indian person definitely has a prejudice against persons of color.

Also, she supports full legalization now, and has been vocal about it.

Yeah, now that it’s no longer her job to lock up minorities!

She is Indian-Jamaican. And per wiki…

The San Francisco DA’s incarceration rates were among the lowest in the entire state of California—fully ten times lower than in San Diego County, for example. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, “roughly 4 of every 100 arrests resulted in prison terms in San Francisco, compared with 12.8 out of 100 in Alameda County, 14.4 of 100 in Sacramento County, 21 of 100 in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties, 26.6 of 100 in Fresno County, 38.7 of 100 in Los Angeles County and 41 of 100 in San Diego County.”

She was accused by those who disliked her of not being tough enough, not seeking prison time.

My main problem with her, and it’s not a big one, is that she liked the media even as a DA and as a state AG. I can’t imagine how she would be as California’s AG in this time of Trump. I imagine you would be seeing her on the news every other day or so.

She also seems fairly pragmatic in her views.

Sigh, can we just nominate Maxine Waters already? Sheesh.

Being a prosecutor has got to be one of the toughest springboards to higher – non-judge-ship political offices imaginable. You will create many, many axes for others to grind against you in that job, and they’ll come at you from many directions. Although I must say that ascribing to her a bigotry towards persons of color is “How did you turn your computer on without electrocuting yourself” levels of head-scratching non-brilliance.

Her popularity in her home state speaks to political skill at working around those attacks. Whether or not that’s a good thing remains to be seen. But she’s very likely running in 2020.

Sounds like she has actual charisma, which is also nice in a candidate. I don’t mind a photo hound as long as she can use it effectively in her role. Hopefully, she can keep her stuff in her pants, unlike BClinton, Edwards and even Gore (and Trump of course).

Well, before the 1992 campaign, how many people outside of Arkansas knew who Bill Clinton was?

Gore had a sex scandal?

Yeah he (allegedly) rubbed himself against a masseuse or something, and then got a divorce. (At least, that’s how I remember it,)

Oh yeah, I vaguely remember the masseuse thing. I didn’t realize he and Tipper split up, though.

They divorced in 2010, some 10 years after Gore last ran for president.

I did some more reading, and the masseuse thing seems like a pretty weak case, and the Gores may have just got old and wanted to separate and do their own thing.

I saw a comment under a post on reddit or youtube like yesterday that was a conservative making a joke about Gore.

They literally can’t stop living in the past, and it’s embarassing.

Elizabeth Warren better goddamn run. We need her to do more than go after banks as a Senator. We need her at the top.

She wouldn’t fare any better than Hillary. In fact I think her winning the nomination would probably be one of the greatest mistakes the Dems could make.

Why? We need her. She’s just the kind of tough, stalwart, experienced, level headed kind of leader we need. She’s not radical and not a grandstander. She’s the perfect candidate to beat Drumpf.

This is also a set of attributes that an alarmingly massive portion of the electorate–a portion well-situated in Electoral College-relevant geographic distributions–seem completely allergic to.

Look, if our comversation turns from “who would we like to run” into “the American electorate is so dumb and scummy they won’t vote for anyone good”, then we might as well give up and go back to gaming discussion, because who cares anymore? That means the entire system is rigged and broken.

If that’s true, we have to tear down the whole goddamn thing and start over.