We are still screwed: the coming climate disaster

Well maybe Georgia, Florida will be mostly underwater. And it wont matter if places like Nebraska and Iowa can’t produce food for them anymore.

According to this map, when the sea level rises 7 meters I will have beachfront property. I’m so lucky. You know what that costs?

The future of humanity.

That’s all.

Franken 2020.

sliver of optimism

“Government-recruited experts.”

Like most government experts they’ll just make up stuff.

So cynical. I’m sure Fox and RWM will be happy to oblige with providing a list of experts.

Just a realist. To be an “expert” doesn’t take much in most courts. Hell, most things people accept as true like fingerprints and ballistics aren’t even reliable.

Their “experts” will be hand-picked climate deniers. Something like 90% of them originate in right-wing think tanks, I’m sure the GOP will be able to find as many as they need and if not the Kochs can buy more.

If the think tanks can’t produce sufficient climate change deniers, the axlotl tanks will.

When Koch funded climate deniers in 2012, they concluded that AGW was actually real.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federal-court-blocks-trump-epa-on-air-pollution/2017/07/03/464a7344-601e-11e7-84a1-a26b75ad39fe_story.html

An appeals court Monday struck down the Environmental Protection Agency’s 90-day suspension of new emission standards on oil and gas wells, a decision that could set back the Trump administration’s broad legal strategy for rolling back Obama-era rules.

In a 2-to-1 ruling, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit concluded that the EPA had the right to reconsider a 2016 rule limiting methane and smog-forming pollutants emitted by oil and gas wells but could not delay the effective date while it sought to rewrite the regulation.
[…]
Monday’s court ruling was sharply worded at points, with the judges dismissing “the flimsiness” of the EPA’s “claim that regulated entities had no opportunity to comment” on one aspect of the methane rule.

“The administrative record thus makes clear that industry groups had ample opportunity to comment on all four issues on which EPA granted reconsideration, and indeed, that in several instances the agency incorporated those comments directly into the final rule,” the judges wrote.

NPR wrote a piece a few days ago about the Climate Impact Lab’s data on how various parts of the US will be affected by climate change.

This is pretty much just based off temperature, so you don’t see some of the other effects…such as coastal areas being swamped in some places. Still, interesting analysis.

France joins Norway, the Netherlands and Germany (well, the Bundesrat at least) in planning to get rid of new oil based cars.

And here I was throwing my used cat litter away. If only I understood economics as well as Rick Perry. If I had saved it all, I would have a massive supply, which generates demand!

Perry sounds like a typical American.

And that’s the value of FUD. Good job Exxon et al.

Worst case scenarios played out. Welcome to Hell, all future life.
At least we got cheap energy, and that’s really all the matters. /s

David Roberts response.

https://twitter.com/drvox/status/884256911926755330

[quote=“MrGrumpy, post:3459, topic:70401, full:true”]

[/quote]
28% of Americans picked Donkey Kong?