We are still screwed: the coming climate disaster

My brother-in-law’s hometown, Paradise, is just gone. His family made it out in time, but lost everything. Their home, their businesses and the hospital his mom worked in. The fire was incredibly quick and they were lucky to get out.

I saw some footage from Paradise… Crazy.

I’m sorry for their loss but I’m glad their family made it. As painful as it must be to lose everything, I’m sure it can’t compare to the loss of a loved one in a time like this.

Anyone watch this week’s Patriot Act with Hasan Minaj?

Apparently there’s been a huge oil spill going on in the Gulf of Mexico since 2004 and I’ve never heard about it until I watched this week’s show?

WTF?

That article is from October 21st. How is this getting buried in the news?

I’ve heard about this before, on a podcast maybe, I didn’t read the article you linked but if I remember right there is some reason why they are unable to cap the leak.

Trump’s SE Regional EPA Director indicted on Ethics charges… by Alabama

Foxes and Henhouses…

Canada, I’m shocked!

Well, Canada is in a comparatively good place when it comes to global warming, at least until the power armor battalions move north.

I wonder if their military has a contingency plan for the 3C American Invasion.

“We beat you Yanks twice, we’ll beat you again!”

Maybe we could get them to burn the White House again.

There is still some research being done into very large efficient dirigibles for carrying heavy loads. Can’t find a link at the moment.

[edit]

[edit]

Wow. Spot-on.

Also, jet fuel icebergs can’t sink big ships.

Of all the geoengineering theories I have heard, I think this one seems the most plausible:

I hope we won’t need to get to this point, but if the only alternative is 3+ degrees celsius warming then the risks may be tolerable.

Yep, we’ve seen the reflective-particles-up-high proposals before. It’s one of those things that I want to like, but I just can’t shake the terrible “what could possibly go wrong” feeling. Unforeseen and unintended consequences…I suppose if they could come up with a way to deploy and also remove particles if circumstances require it, then I’d be able to get behind the idea.

It’s fine, we’d just release a swarm of omnivorous nano-bots to clean it up.

Thanksgiving week, perfect time to bury a report.

I’m surprised it was permitted to be released at all. Perhaps the administration was unaware of the existence of the cross-agency working group that is required by law to compile and release it…

The actual report: https://nca2018.globalchange.gov/