We are still screwed: the coming climate disaster

Kickstarter to send him to Venus, please.

Oh, he’s on the Trump EPA transition team.

Seems about right.

Evil scum. Unbelievable.

And just give him enough oxygen to get there. He’ll clearly be fine just enjoying Venus as is.

Tell him to dress light. It gets warm there.

I’ve seen pedantic people on the left say stuff like that too.

“it’s a threat to the future of the planet”
“the planet will be just fine.”
“what about the wars and flooding and the fires and the refugees and the …”
“those are human problems, the planet will be fine”

Well, yeah, duh, we didn’t mean literally the planet. People are usually talking about the effects on the present ecosystems, including human civilization.

I don’t mind it as a point of clarification but if used to justify inaction then the stupid, it burns

Did anyone else see 60 minutes yesterday? They had two segments on plastic pollution, and it was quite sobering. I have to admit, when I hear about things like getting rid of plastic straws and things like that, I usually scoff and think about how we’ve got much bigger problems with the changing climate. But seeing the visuals here on both segments of 60 minutes was quite sobering. I have to admit, I didn’t really understand the scale of the problem until last night.

The second segment was particularly powerful as she traveled to Midway, and observed the beaches there. Another segment that was eye opening was the part that discussed plastic recycling.

Ready for an insane pile of idiocy?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2018/12/17/i-voted-trump-now-his-wall-may-destroy-my-butterfly-paradise/?utm_term=.50fcc7028fa5

I’m a lifelong Republican who voted for Donald Trump for president in 2016. I want our immigration laws to be enforced, and I don’t want open borders.

YOU GET THE WALL THEN YOU FUCKING IDIOT

The idiocy here knows no bounds.

People have asked me, “Didn’t you listen to Trump when he said that he would build a wall?” I didn’t take the idea seriously during the campaign.

I knew the guy was lying! I voted for him anyway!

As I followed the news [last week], I was amazed to find myself agreeing with Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who called the project “immoral, ineffective and expensive.” Here was a Democrat telling a Republican that a policy would cost too much.

HERE I THOUGHT THE “LOCK HER UP” CROWD WAS THE RESPONSIBLE PARTY!?!?!

Still, I want to be able to tell my grandchildren and great-grandchildren that I fought against the wall. I worry that, if it goes up, their only experience of the Rio Grande Valley’s natural beauty will be through the photographs that I take today.

No, you fucking asshole, your children should know you voted for the guy who wanted to build the wall, plain and simple.

Ok, real talk here.

This guy is an idiot. If you work in any sort of national resources job, national nature center, or wildlife preserve, a vote for Trump, or a vote for the conservative party was never going to go well for you. I have 0 sympathy for people like this. You voted for the guy who was saying he wanted to do things like build a 20 foot wall across a critical wildlife corridor, and you thought, “Well, he won’t do that because he will balance the budget” You are the delusional one.

idiot.

This is the one thing that makes me hope they do build a wall - as a “fuck you” to dipshits that voted for Trump with the thought he wouldn’t actually try to do what he said he would do.

I hope the wall they build crushes everything Luciano Guerra holds dear.

Christ I hate this attitude. Yeah let’s wipe out endangered species to spite some dipshit trump voter.

They want to be on the “right” side of history they say, but what they really want is to be able to rewrite history so they can say they were on the right side of history when they weren’t.

I am kind of sick of this Republican buyer’s remorse but at the same time trying to take no responsibility themselves.

It’s not easy to admit you were wrong, even internally. Often it’s less difficult to simply convince yourself you were right and to continue driving in that same lane.

I might roll my eyes at their gullibility, but I will never criticize someone for admitting they were wrong about Trump and/or the GOP, especially if they are doing so publicly to encourage others to follow along.

They’re all part of the “I got mine” party line of thought.

But he’s not really admitting he was wrong in the first place.

Meh. He’s leading protests against Trump’s policies, writing anti-Trump op-eds in the Washington Post and stating publicly that he will not vote for Trump again.

I personally don’t need to hear him say “sorry”.

It’s telling that the possibility the wall would kill some migrants was OK with him, but he draws the line at butterflies.

Yeah, which is why he can be not wrong but also be on the right side of history, or something. It’s a real cop-out. It is also common to see in the people who were not wrong but oh no how could this happen crowd.

It’s more like I wasn’t wrong, but it affects me so now I care but let me pretzel the story why I was doing what i was doing before first.

This guy wasn’t tricked by trump. Trump did exactly what he said he’d do and now this guy acts surprised? What kind of logic gap exists in this dude’s brain? Did he think trump would build a special “magic” wall that is penetrable to all species except Homo sapiens?

It’s the age old, “I won’t stand up for what is right until I’m personally affected” attitude of Republicans and Libertarians. It’s like the Kansas legislatutor who was against Obamacare until she got cancer and lost her re-election bid.

Ooh! Look!