We are still screwed: the coming climate disaster

Trump voters. I rest my case.

Do you make good money reading minds? Really, you’re barking up the wrong tree.

The people he’s talking about don’t believe in that or they think it will kill off people they don’t know or care about anyway.

This got lost, but thanks for linking. I knew about the perils of plastic but did not realize the problem with plastic recycling.

Public support for action on climate change rises dramatically (except of course Republicans.) Now how committed they are to meaningful action remains to be seen.

A 56 percent majority of the GOP says either that concern about climate change is unwarranted or that more research is necessary before taking action.

pfft as if Republicans believe any research.

Translation: We haven’t even begun to suck up every dime we can. Anyway we’ll be dead before it affects us. Let our kids deal with it.

In two days Australia lost one third of its spectacled flying fox population. With further climate change, I just can’t see how this species could survive given its sensitivity to temperatures above 42 degrees C (107.6 F for you imperialists).

“If 30 per cent of all koalas die in a forest, who will be there to see them and count the dead bodies?”

#depressingkoans

Mexican children
Die in a cage but careful
Save the butterflies

That’s a depressing haiku. Not the same thing at all.

This is more public health than climate change, but anything making life easier for coal plant operators affects both. The key change here seems to be this administration estimating pollution costs at a few million dollars, versus the Obama administration’s $80 billion.

Yes, this is the way the administration is playing with environmental cost vs benefit analysis. It’s the same tactics as the roll back of vehicle mpg requirements. Basically, depress the cost estimate of the pollution while jacking up the cost estimates of the improvements.

And of course when the real costs roll in all the players in the current administration will be long gone and the new Republicans will disavow any responsibility.

We need to find a way to hold these asses accountable besides just voting them out to ride out their days in comfy retirement.

Looking like climate change will impact the resource wars in the middle east

CO2 capture? Though I’m not sure what you do with it after you capture it…

You can just bury it.

Toss it in the old coal mines.