We are still screwed: the coming climate disaster

That’s where the disagreement lies* is. I don’t think that ever need be the case. We can agree to disagree though.

(*I can’t even google what the correct grammar is for that.)

Why do hunters feel the need to pose with the slain animal like that? It automatically makes me think they are douchebags, not animal lovers.

Because they’re not good people. Next question?

• Armando the Answerer

I love you man.

What happens when you die?

Not you. I mean, us.

The job creators animate your corpse and shuffle you back to your cubicle.

I’ll give you a twofer:

Me: my mortal form will be interred at state for six months. Within a decade, a death cult in my name will arise. The cemetery where McConnell is buried will be swept to the ocean by a neverending river of my acolytes’ shit.

Y’all: Anubis will ask you if you ever voted for a Republican. He already knows the answer, but he lives to watch you squirm.

Armando the Answerer, I worship you and will gladly add to the river. I have begun consuming pistachios by the fistful in preparation for that glorious day.

I’m having hummus and a bowl of cabbage stew for lunch.

Strangely, there are all sorts of laws that seek to control what people want to do. Perhaps they still want to do them, but generally they don’t do them, so no one need care about their perverse desires.

That has nothing to do with my point. I’m aware that laws and regulations are a thing. I’m not aware that laws or regulations can take someone who wants to kill animals and turn them into someone who will pay for the right to take a picture.

For the record, I’m not a hunter. I’m fine with people who hunt for food, but I’m not impressed with those who hunt so they can stick a head on the wall. That doesn’t mean it bothers me if their money is used for something useful.

Exactly. That’s why the War on Drugs is such a massive success. And why there were no gay people before the law against buggery were struck down.

Also why most people don’t murder their neighbors, or rob the local liquor store, or embezzle from their bosses. So there’s that.

There are certainly laws that would prevent them from acting on that desire. They just need to be enforced.

I love how a post like “We are on-course for wiping out insect life” gets a yawn but one guy kills a goat and the thread is hopping.

You’re missing the point again. I don’t know why, and I don’t really care.

The insect genocide is so far beyond my control and ability to conceive of that I seized on the goat because I can understand a goat. :(

What is the point?

Hunting a goat? A goat? Did it have razor sharp fangs? Huge claws? Did it have lightning fast reflexes? Was it, at all, a challenge?

A goat?