We lost a great game developer this week

This is terrible news, and quite a heroic effort of his. He deserves every nice thing being said about him and then some. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Thanks, all, for the well-wishes. Broodworks is in touch with his family and figuring out the technicalities of setting up a 529 fund(s?) for his two kids. If anyone feels like donating, I’ll post the info here when I have it.

Terrible news. My condolences.

Very sad news. My thoughts go to his family and friends.

I just saw this thread and I am so sorry. The pain this family must be enduring is indescribable I’m sure. While my funds are really tight right now (see “lost job” thread,) I would be honored to donate to a fund to help his family if that has been made public.

Hi All -

Sorry for the delay, but these things take time, it turns out. In any case, the fund has been established and can be donated to via PayPal:

http://www.barnesfamilyfund.com/

If you know of anyone else who loved the games Don worked on, please feel free to forward to them as well.

Thanks for all the kind words.

What an awful story :(

I don’t know if it’s from here or the other forums I’ve posted this on, but we’ve received some donations from people who apparently didn’t know Don. So for anyone here who has donated, thank you.

If you don’t feel like donating but want to let his family know how much you liked the games he helped make, there is a guestbook available on the site. Believe it or not, those comments mean a lot.

Thanks again.

So sorry to hear about this. My condolences to everyone. I was shocked when I opened up the link, as this happened where I live, Thousand Oaks, CA.