"We want you to go back home."

From today’s Guardian. So much for the liberation, huh?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,922723,00.html

That was me. Damn cookies.

For people who didn’t want the aid they sure took as much for as long as they could. I wonder what kind of spin the guardian.co.uk author was trying to put on the situation? It’s like the idiot British reporters who ask the military commanders during breifings at CENTCOM whether they regret the loss of civilian life. They have trouble keeping their agenda in their pants. Always wagging their contempt for the action in everyone’s face.

Yeah, but if everybody stopped pushing their agenda, you might actually be able to figure out what’s really going on in Iraq.

Good luck with that. There aren’t any disinterested third parties whose media we can look to.

The Iraqi’s want liberation. They want liberation from Saddam. This doesn’t mean they want the USA’s spin on liberation. The don’t want someone else’s spin on how government should be, they want to rule themselves the way they want to be ruled (which may end up being a religion based government). They don’t want Saddam, they don’t want the USA. Why can’t the USA understand that forcing democracy down their throats is as unwelcome as the dictatorship that Saddam has forced on them? I am not comparing Saddam’s regime to the USA’s republic; I am not talking about the rain of death that Saddam and his people have done to hundreds of thousands of Iraqi’s (like in the USA, if it isn’t happening to them, it isn’t happening) I am talking about the country deciding for themselves their own future.

On the news I heard folks saying we’d likely put Gen. Tommy Franks in as leader of Iraq for around two years. Oo-boy.

The Iraqi’s want liberation. They want liberation from Saddam. This doesn’t mean they want the USA’s spin on liberation. The don’t want someone else’s spin on how government should be, they want to rule themselves the way they want to be ruled (which may end up being a religion based government). They don’t want Saddam, they don’t want the USA. Why can’t the USA understand that forcing democracy down their throats is as unwelcome as the dictatorship that Saddam has forced on them? I am not comparing Saddam’s regime to the USA’s republic; I am not talking about the rain of death that Saddam and his people have done to hundreds of thousands of Iraqi’s (like in the USA, if it isn’t happening to them, it isn’t happening) I am talking about the country deciding for themselves their own future.

Dirt why do you think Saddam is still in power even though everyone hates him and wants to be in power? Because he’s a brutal man. It’s a place where those with the most hired guns have the most power and the rule of the rifle prevails. Wherever there is an a power vaccum, there will be a bloody battle to fill it, and whomever kills the most, wins. So it’s pretty much ordained that whoever gets into power will do so by force and bloodshed.

As opposed to money.

I don’t care what anyone says about Clinton. He earned his place. He fucked himself up in the end, but he earned the right to be at the top.

Dirt, is the irony of your own argument lost on you? Did you perhaps miss it? Cause I’d like to know up front before I attempt to engage you in debate.

I would certainly lose, Brad.

Iceland? Tongo? Mozambique?