Webcam Recommendations?

I’m looking for recommendations for a webcam. It will be used only once or twice a week for a few minutes at a time so that my mother in the UK can see and hear her new grand-daughter. Since it won’t be used frequently I would prefer not to spend much on it (i.e. looking to keep it under $100) but would like the video and sound quality to be decent. The webcam will be hooked up to a desktop PC (Athlon 3500XP, 2GB DDR, Radeon X1950XT, Audigy 2) and both we and my mother have broadband connections.

Suggestions or recommendations appreciated.

If you’ve got an Xbox 360, you can follow my example and just pick up the Xbox Live Vision camera. That way you can use it for both video conferencing on your PC (it works well with Skype and Live Messenger) and with any Xbox 360 games that support it. Kill two birds with one stone and all that.

If you don’t have an X360, I’d recommend something by Logitech. They make solid Webcams at a variety of price points, so it depends on the features you are looking for (e.g., built in mic, face tracking, higher resolution, better at handling low light conditions).