Webcomics that may interest only me

So that those who recoil in horror at these as if I’d posted tubgirl, here is a thread duly marked for me to share links to humorous strips that may not entertain anyone else, but for some reason cause me to chuckle.

If you come in here to see, knowing what you’ll find, and complain anyway, you either secretly enjoy these or you’re a masochist. Either way, you have no right to complain.

And for any laymen who may have wandered in without knowing otherwise, I’ll put the warning in bold so that they are duly warned:

WARNING: RIMBO HAS A HISTORY OF LINKING TO WEBCOMICS. THESE COMICS RANGE IN VALUE FROM THE OCCASIONAL CHUCKLE TO OUTRIGHT MIND-DESTROYING HUMORLESSNESS. SOME COMICS MAY HAVE AWFUL PUNS, GLURGE THAT RIVALS “THE FAMILY CIRCUS,” OR IN-JOKES THAT REQUIRE SEVERAL PARAGRAPHS’ WORTH OF EXPLANATION OR DEEP FAMILIARITY WITH THE STRIP. IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC OR OTHERWISE ANNOYED BY ANY OF THE ABOVE, HIT THE “BACK” BUTTON IN YOUR BROWSER NOW.

All right. I assume that at this point you either have the same bizarre sense of humor I do, or you’re too stupid to know when you’ve been warned. With that said…

Thanks for the fair warning.

I figured I’d give you one shot, with your opening Webcomic, to see whether or not I’d be frequenting this thread in the future. I like a bad Webcomic, too, you see. Just one, though. Whereas you, I’m not sure you’ve ever met a Webcomic you didn’t like.

In any case, thanks, but no thanks. I’m out.

It took 4 panels to tell the (ostensible, obvious, ubiquitous) joke when it only needed one (the second panel, with minor alterations). So it doesn’t just fail to have a funny joke, it fails to tell that unfunny joke with anything approaching competence.

But I liked it more than Silent Kimbly!

You have a nonsense of humor.

I prefer the phrase “easily amused.”

I actually could compile a list of webcomics I didn’t like. There have been quite plenty.

But generally, my expectations for webcomics are defined by my expectations for paper comics. I have them all collected in a tab in Safari, so I just open all of 'em in tabs at once, then Cmd+W my way through 'em pretty quickly. If it gives me a quick grin once in a while, I keep it around. If I find myself hitting Cmd+W before I even read the whole thing, I’ll go delete the bookmark. If someone says, “Hey, you should check this out,” I put it in the queue. But it’s generally less trouble to Cmd+W away something that isn’t funny than to eliminate the bookmark, so sometimes it takes a while. I went for about a year without laughing at Sinfest once before I realized it was the modern equivalent to Johnny Hart’s B.C. and killed the bookmark.

In the above example, there’s nothing particularly wonderful about the comic itself other than the fact that someone actually asked him to sign a piece of women’s hygiene through a proxy.

Your girlfriend wants someone to sign something for her, and asks you to do it, and because she can’t find the “thing,” you – not her – ask the guy to sign a tampon or something instead.

That’s pretty fucked up right there. :)

It could also be a funny idea for a webcomic… in the right hands.

I like Real Life, although that one is a stinker.

Oh, see. I thought he meant “notepad,” seeing as how it is a pretty nondescript pink blob there in the strip, and the joke was that there was a dude with an actual decent-looking girlfriend with interest in anime.

Not quite the “LOL!” Rimbo may have been expecting.

Yeah, the execution of the idea left a lot to be desired. But the idea is still fucked up.

So I only discovered Girl Genius recently, thanks to a few recommendations in the “What Webcomics are good?” thread. One of my favorite things about it are little gags thrown into the details. Like warrior girl’s headband here:

The concept behind behind Girl Genius is cool but the Little Annie Fannie art style puts me off. I keep expecting an arrant steam powered arachnid to tear off GG’s petticoats and for her to prance around topless for 18 panels. I had to bail after 10 or so installments.

But Rimbo’s love for the series does help quiet the lingering fears that I made a mistake.

Hello, did someone say “arrant [sic] steam powered arachnid?”

As for tearing off of petticoats, no, not yet. Well, there are the gifts you can get if you donate, which might float yer boat.

I mean, if you’re into naked cartoon chicks and all.

No, you definitely made a mistake. Phil Foglio is the man.

You’re talking about Phil ‘XXXenophile’ Foglio, I’d say your fears are warranted.

that shit is nowhere near the quality of little annie fanny’s art.

No doubt. Annie Fanny was in Playboy. You gotta be good to knock down that kind of cash.

Please, I hope that isnt sarcasm. That comic looks like a sanitized furry deal with the tails clipped off (the shit faux-anime style)

Little annie fanny was classic.

Dude, are you bagging on Phil Foglio? Blasphemy!