Webcomics that may interest only me

wait

someone hated another comic so much that they gave up on the whole genre?

No.

A) How did you do that?

B) Who the hell am I thinking of?

Edit: I was thinking of Steve Troop. Though I still have no idea how Rimbo did that.

Edit edit: God, I hate Eric Burns.

How Rimbo did what?

Also the Shortpacked!/LilFormers slapfight may be the most niche audience oriented cartoonist quarrel in history.

Hahaha… no joke.

That Shortpacked strip was worth it solely for the last-panel irony explosion.

I wondered the same thing.

1. That is not a Nazi swastika–it’s backwards.
  2. The creator went to the trouble to set up the pun (“German Shepherd”), and then fumbles it by forgetting to include any reference to the dog in the comic. It’s like a poor taste version of “Make like a tree and get out of here.”
  3. No. Again, just to make sure we’re totally clear.

My god, I did something I haven’t done in at least five years: I laughed at PvP (actually, I’m not sure I ever laughed at one, which was most of my reason for dropping it about five years ago).

He can be hit or miss, but I thought his Watchmen spoof was quite hilarious.

I hate the new art style. Not everything is automatically better with cel shading.

I actually like it. Kurtz’s art has always seemed flat and lacking in much texture, and I think the shading technique he’s been using improves it greatly.

I donno, man. If nothing else, sitting in on the Webcomics Weekly podcast has really pushed Scott to expand his style in new ways. I think he’s really developed as an artist.

A shame he hasn’t developed into someone capable of writing funny jokes.

He seems to be trying to copy Jeff Smith (of Bone) lately. Artistically, anyway.

The style is less distinct, which is why it’s a bit of a shame. That Watchmen spoof series was well… witty.

I’d be more prone to assume Frank Cho, if only because he and Cho are good friends. Though Kurtz seems somewhat less likely to blast his audience right in the face with nipples.

Yeah, unfortunate - but give him a little more time.

This was cute:

Meredith Gran is cuter than that.