Webcomics that may interest only me

Girl Genius question: do you guys think the city will be somewhat restored and defensible again creating a somewhat stable base for Agatha to work from when taking on the Baron and the Other, or will Gil-related hijinks ensue forcing her to flee and hunt the Other with nothing but her bootstraps and autonomous bootstrap-pulling clanks?

I think the castle is going to come alive and molest Papa Wulfie’s troops in ways so horrible that Señor Foglio will only be able to appropriately represent it by a page of frames of the horrified reactions and vomiting of Her Heterodyneness’ minions. The next page will be a cut to a time period several weeks afterwards, with the characters deciding that what happened is a topic best left unmentioned – and a very smug castle.

Edit: But I like the way Gil’s sudden appearance is providing some excellent tension and suspense prior to this inevitable moment of Wulfenbachrape.

It would appear that the city will be destroyed in a defensible form, not restored in a defensible form. :)

I think you were more right the first time. I think we are going to get several weeks worth of the Castle munching up the Baron’s troops while Gil and Agatha work it out up top.

Oh, I hope so.

Inspired by your post, I went back and re-read the first couple of years of Girl Genius this morning. I am: 1)happy at how good it is. I just love the world and characters Phil has created; 2)shocked at how little it seems the overall plot has actually progressed since 2006. Dragonball Z is impressed. On a minor note, I am thankful that they actually date their strips; I hate trying to work backwards to the date when something was published.

1. Isn’t it? I re-read the “Zap gun for hire” strips recently and was similarly impressed. They’ve earned those Hugo awards, they did.

2. On the one hand, if you read it all at a time, the pacing is just perfect. Not too fast, not too slow. For “too slow” I’d nominate Megatokyo, which I believe has made it all the way into its second in-story week after 12 years of publishing.

Meanwhile, while we wait to see the fate of things in Mechanicsburg, Wonderella has gone and done something exceeding even its unusually high standards.

I’m not posting the image here because vscroll breakage.

New Perry Bible Fellowship!

It’s comics like this that remind me just how much of a math nerd I am.

(Yeah, that equation is real. Here’s why.)

I like you how said the equation was “real”. :)

It’s real, and it’s spectacular. ;)

Why did you switch from “fabulous” to “spectacular”?

Because I realized I’d misquoted the Seinfeld episode in question and went back and corrected it.

Oooh!

It’s real, imaginary, rational, and irrational all at once! Just depends on which term you’re looking at.

And transcendental!

From XKCD What-If: Steak Drop - From what height would you need to drop a steak for it to be cooked when it hit the ground?

I won’t spoil the surprise of the final answer, but I will share my favorite line:

If anyone puts a steak in a hypersonic wind tunnel to get better data on this, please, send me the video.