Wednesday - Addams Family, Netflix

Behold Catherine Zeta-Jones as matriarch Morticia, Luis Guzmán as pater familias Gomez, Jenna Ortega as eponymous Wednesday and Isaac Ordonez as hapless brother Pugsley. Tim Burton is an executive producer and directed four of the eight episodes, helping to shape the overall look of the series.

The show is the brainchild of Smallville creators Miles Millar and Alfred Gough , who recruited Burton to bring his skewed sensibilities to the family of gothic outcasts. “He wanted the silhouette to look more like the Charles Addams cartoons, which is Gomez shorter than Morticia, versus the kind of suave Raul Julia version in the movies," Gough says.

The mystery of the series is a number of murders that plague the small town where Wednesday has been sent to Nevermore Academy, a prestigious boarding school for outcasts. Death and decay are not unsettling for her. They’re actually soothing at a time when she is learning to live on her own.

I am willing to give it a shot, really anything guided by the hand of Tim Burton , I find myself enjoying to some degree. :)

Looks fun.

Oh yeah, totally sold.

Indeed.

I tend to avoid anything featuring teens/high school/etc. but may give this one a shot. Any word on who’s playing Lurch?

According to IMDb, a fellow named George Burcea. I’m not familiar with him or his work.

That trailer looked solid.

Shut up and take my money.

I wish I hadn’t broken my own rule and watched that trailer. It showed way too much. I didn’t even have the sound on!

You saw 2 minutes of a show that has 8 episodes. :D

Yay, someone actually included a release date finally!

Don’t watch the trailer if you don’t want to find out who’s been cast as Uncle Fester!

https://youtu.be/Q73UhUTs6y0

Just don’t watch it at all, really. Spoilers everywhere.

I’m allllll in though.

That looks better.

Been watching the first couple of episodes and finding it quite fun so far. Not keen on the parents casting: I’ve never been a fan of the cartoons and Guzman is no Raul Julia. Zeta-Jones is OK, but Anjelica Huston she is also not. Fortunately they’re not much in the show (so far), and Jenny Ortega is excellent as Wednesday IMO. Gwendoline Christia is also great - as always. Hope the series holds up.

I saw the first episode. I think they nailed the mood.

Really enjoyed the first episode, especially how Ortega seems to move her eyes like she’s rotating a turret.

Enjoying this despite my reservations. That Paint it Black cover was pretty great.