Weekend gaming - 11/12/2010

Are you serious? I ask that in all sincerity.

I’ve been craving to go back and replay the OC. I don’t think it deserves quite the bad rep it has. Granted, the first chapter is utter dreck and the ending isn’t exactly satisfying, but I’ll be damned if the second and third chapters aren’t filled with some darn good gaming.

Anyway, this weekend I’ll probably put more time into Fallout: New Vegas and a few Random Steam games. I really love New Vegas – it’s better than Fallout 3 in so many ways, yet I still find parts of the game a bit… dull I guess. I didn’t have that problem with Fallout 3 for some reason. I suspect that’s because I preferred the urban ruins of D.C. over the desert surroundings of New Vegas.

Damn good gaming would be overstating it I think :)

That’s why I said darn good gaming. =)

But all joking aside, I really liked parts of the game a lot. I know I’m going against the groupthink grain on this one, but oh well…

Trying to climb the leaderboards in Pinball FX 2. Still playing a few rounds of Monday Night Combat every other night or so. Piddling around in Fable 2. Slowly playing through the Supreme Commander 2 campaign.

Nehrim and Bronze, with a distinct chance of some Enslaved, Super Meat Boy, or Costume Quest.

Two Worlds 2 and maybe some Lost Planet 2 if my connection quits being a dick.

Sims 3, and potentially starting Okami if Matt finishes Tales of Vesperia and frees up the television.

Two Worlds 2 as well. Hurray for unexpectedly awesome RPGs.

Working all weekend, so not much time to myself - probably jump into Just Cause 2 to find something else to pick up, or just explore the world a little bit more.

LOTRO for a bit and finally giving Bloodline Champions a swing after ignoring the beta emails for months. I aim to get owned.

I’m starting out in Persona 4. 3 hours in and probably 77 more to go!

going to be terribly busy this weekend but thats never stopped me from loafing about with some games. I’m eight or so hours into Ys 7 and am positively bursting with anticipation waiting for my PSP to recharge so I can start playing again.
I’ve also been fiddling around with Wonderboy VI: Monster World IV which outside of having the most preposterous names in all of games isn’t really doing much for me unfortunately.
Also TF2 but that barely warrants mentioning as it is nearly a biological function for me at this point.

League of Legends for me. I think I might pick up enslaved or something else though.

Well, my weekend just went to hell. I just got the call that I have been laid off from the IT job that I finally got a few months ago. I loved that job, it was something I actually looked forward to every day. And it only took me 2 years of looking to get it! Not many IT jobs for someone 49 years old out there. Now my weekend will involve a fair amount of drinking and laughing at what is now my trainwreck of a life…

I’m sorry to hear that divorced. Hope you find another job soon.

Yeah, I’m playing the Newly Unemployed game too.

But actually I’m working on finishing FEAR2, I restarted Prototype on the PC and more Minecraft at some point. Not quite ready to dive into learning Ruby and Actionscript just yet, but that’s next now that I have some cough free time.

Reached the bad ending for the good route in Rondo of Swords so aiming for the good ending of the same route; smooth sailing with my current party.
Otherwise, don’t know.

Good luck, divorced. I too hope your dry streak is short.

My wife is out of town – first time away from both kids since the boy was born – so I am Mr. Mom for the weekend. So far so good, our daughter is having a sleepover at a friend’s house (and doing well, talked to her tonight), and our son just conked out surprisingly peacefully. So now I think I will knock off the first couple of Cybran missions in Supreme Commander 2… getting most of the way through the campaign, and skirmish looms!

Dragon Age Ultimate Edition arrived so I can finally start to play this game. It’s nice to have everything in one package, patience in gaming pays off more than ever.

I got out of Ostragar a few minutes ago. I had to smile when the message “Gather your party and venture forth?” popped up before going to the world map. So far I’m liking the game, even if the story and scenario are very bland up to this point.

As a follow up to my last “weekend gaming” post two or so weeks ago:

I finally got my platinum trophy in Demon’s Souls some time ago. I tried to pvp a little but decided it wasn’t worth it because you usually get ganked by the host and his blue phantoms in an unfair fight as a black phantom.

So I’m done with Demon’s Souls for the time being… I think I will eventually come back to it, to try different builds, like an archery character for example.

Blops on the Xblox. I’m digging it; reminds me of CoD 2, which is great.