Weinergate?

I think Jeff meant that redistricting will mean Weiner’s seat will go away. There will be one fewer Congressman from NY.

That is what I meant. It has been stated that his seat will go away, so the Dems have nothing to lose by acting outraged and righteous.

Because Weiner is a not to well liked congressman and Clinton was the POTUS. One doesn’t resign the presidency over a blow job.

Double standard whar?!

Bigger office, bigger reason to climb down after a lie. Weiner posted some dick pix and acted like a tool. On my planet, that ain’t a firing offense. Neither is playing a little tonsil hockey with your meat stick. So long as shit was consensual, I don’t give two bits who Weiner showed his dick to, and I doubt anyone else should except his wife and the receptive ladies.

Look you monkeys, this thread now equals the entire length of the Vitter and Craig threads combined. You need to admit to yourselves that you can’t resist the easy humor in his last name.

H.

Well, I’d stop shooting the thread full of funnies if people would stop swallowing this stuff.

“Vitter the Shitter”

More people had actually heard of this guy before he became notorious for tweeting pictures, so it’s probably more in line with what Lewinsky threads would have looked like. Another difference is he’s a target for extended conservative outrage/point scoring as opposed to regular “ha ha look at this hypocrite who sells family values and does the opposite”, so there’s an actual fight to be had as the stalwart “no I’m not a Republican” crowd comes by to do the ritual song and dance.

I’m continually amazed by the number of people who appear to sincerely believe that our politicians are Ken/Barbie dolls down there. You’d figure after republicans one upped one another over their ability to procreate people would acknowledge that yes, our politicians have genitals and enjoy getting them stimulated.

And so long as no one gets hurt, the hell business is it of other people? It’s not like Weiner stole money using his dastardly penis.

Well, he lied, and we Americans cannot tolerate a politician who lies. That’s why they are all so honest and all live up to their campaign promises.

Dipshit. Should have just kept his mouth shut. This would have blown over eventually.

In other news, David Vitter remains the junior Senator from Louisiana.

Democrats…

Probably. But it was the Democrats who drove him out in this case: everyone from Pelosi to Obama and just about every other Democrat called for him to resign, they were set to strip away all of his committee assignments, etc. It would be one thing if the pressure was coming from the other party, you can handle and you expect that, but when your own party turns on you, it makes it tough.

Yeah I have no idea what Democrats are thinking. Just stfu for a week and this blows over. Instead they kept feeding the story by turning on him one by one.

Agreed. Any blustering by the Republicans would blow over, that’s just expected partisan crap and wouldn’t really have any traction (and I really haven’t heard nearly as much coverage of GOP spewage as Dem spewage.) But when Democrat after Democrat tells him to resign, culminating with the President, and they strip all your committee assignments away, you really don’t have any choice. I’m sure the Dems got together and had some kind of strategic reasoning for this, but I am having a hard time figuring it out.

GOP are generally better at sticking by their own it seems. They don’t throw you overboard unless it’s really really obvious you’re screwed.

It’s hard to be worse. Ask Shirley Sherrod. And Anthony Weiner.

Eh, they stood by and tolerated people like Jefferson with his freezer full of bribe money, Murphy with his “ghost” employees and diversion of public funds, etc. I wonder if for some reason Wiener had built up some enemies amongst the Dems - otherwise it just doesn’t make any sense.

The only justification is that his seat was going away . . .

And they are petrified of this ‘issue’ in the next election cycle . . .

Although I would respond to any Weiner attack ad with:

“Hey look at how those tax cuts for the rich are working out”

and

“You know, the Republicans proposed killing your medicare”

and then:

“And all they want to talk about is this silly scandal.”