Weird SEO type spam articles?

Have you noticed a lot of services, apps writing SEO spam-like editorial listicles reviewing their competitors?

Often positive and never hidden outside their main domain. One example among many:

Yep - was wondering the same thing.

last week I was reviewing a few business software products for my employer… and I was confused to see what appeared to be some really neutral run-downs of major software products in the different product spaces… on the websites of the companies I was considering. I’d go to product X, and on the site they’d have a section on other companies with similar products, and their plusses and minuses.

Weird.

Yeah I saw my first recent one for Speechify doing a round up of the AI transcription services/apps.

Sure, link farms written by AI. They used to use Bangaladeshi downtrodden to do it, now it’s Nvidia GPUs.

Now imagine being a teacher and reading student paper after student paper that reads just like that.

Heynow. Back in the day (mid 2010s) I used to be able to fill in time between contracts as a freelancer by getting 50 bucks for 5 articles that typically took me two hours total to write via fiverr. (And yeah, those jobs gave you the SEO titles and asked for a word count.)

At any rate, this is about as new as 2014 is.

r/professors
r/teachers

Add those two sub Reddit’s to your daily doomscrolling.

My sister sees submitted papers with the ChatGPT grey background.