Weird sound issue

For some bizarre reason with my sound volume at just 18% it is extremely loud. I’ve turned my speaker amp down to compensate, but the sound level is still crackly because on my computer it’s over-amped. Check Soundblaster control panel for any other controls of sound and can’t find any that don’t directly correlate to windows sound volume.

Anyone have some suggestions on where in Win10 I can adjust settings so windows sound volume isn’t raging loud at such a low volume level? Note, this happened after Rimworld crashed on me the other day and has persisted through multiple boots.

Whoa, reinstall sound drivers?

If you’re using a Soundblaster card, you might try testing with your motherboard sound instead, to isolate whether it’s just that particular card or something system-wide.

Did you check the cables? Unplug them, then plug them back in.

Creative pushed out new Soundblaster Z drivers last week. Might help. They’ve only updated those drivers 3 times since Win10 launched, and the first set was on launch day. So they basically update them on a yearly basis.

last week? when i check their site, i only see jan 25, 2017.

Those are it. Just got confused by the dates. The previous ones were from June 2016.