Well, its come to this, I guess

Hi all. Just wanted to let you all know that I think that I’m going to have to finally have bite the bullet and sell my Warhammer minis that I have been painting and collecting over the past couple of decades due to financial problems. If any of you have any interest in starting up a collection for Age of Sigmar, I’ll be letting go of my minis pretty cheap as things have gotten pretty desperate. If you’ve followed any of my previous posting, you’ve seen some of my work, but I have a sizable Skaven army. I also have LIzardman (Seraphon) and High Elves. If you have any questions, concerns, etc, let me know. I can ship anywhere in the U.S. pretty easily, outside North America, we can talk about shipping. I am unsure on pricing at this point, as usually painted miniatures go for quite a bit, but, as I said, this is a bit of a fire sale, as I am struggling.

Always sucks hearing about someone having to part with gaming treasures, especially craftsmanship life those! Maybe @Vesper would want them for the new store?

If you can paint like this, consider painting models and selling them on ebay to make some extra cash. Just a thought. I wish you the best.

It’s a lot of work but ebay is probably the way to go. Take lots of good pictures, these look great.

Etsy as well, it’s like ebay but more artisan orientated I believe.

Sadly I’m not doing Games Workshop at this time (maybe in the future). Working through getting approved for WOTC stuff for Magic and D&D right now - we are trying to be a very RPG heavy store with the private rooms. I recommend Ebay as well.

Do you have a GoFundMe? I remember reading your posts in the past and could contribute some money to a guy who is down on his luck.

I was thinking the same thing and would be willing to pay you to not to sell those terrific minis.

Well, against my better judgement I set up a gofundme. I don’t know if I deserve to use a service like that, as there are truly people in need out there, but I’m kind of desperate and I’m trying to keep the power on.

I’ve tried setting up a commission painting service before, but nothing ever happened. It’s about the only skill I’ve got. I’m not expecting anything. Thank you all for the kind words.

All the best. I would third Ebay for Warhammer mini’s they seem to sell well there!

Ditto the eBay rec. Those miniatures are gorgeous work. I hope you can hold onto them, but if not, they’re works of art that I hope would sell well.

Really nice figures, love the detailed work

Oh, man. The response already to the Go Fund Me is humbling. i can’t believe it. I just can’t believe it. Ive been in tears for the past couple of hours you guys. I don’t know what to say. Thank you.

I’m not sure if I can help you keep your minis, but I am happy to help.

I would try to do this, in addition to the gofundme thing.
Start small, in case it doesn’t work out, but at least give it a shot. Because if you have a talent there (and it appears that you do), it could take off and help keep you afloat.

I wouldn’t sell your treasured pieces though unless all else fails.
And as always, it does my heart good to see you people here stepping up to help as well.
I don’t have much, but I’ll try to contribute something.

I don’t know if painting minis could replace a full time job, but skimming ebay, it looks like it could bring in decent supplementary amount. My guess is that you either want to be known as an expert painter and charge a premium (and in many cases be sent minis to paint), or be able to do a quick job and crank out a bunch, buying and selling them at a markup. Doesn’t seem to be too much of a middle between those.

Personally, while I know nothing about this, I would try to go this route, as it could lead to a reputation in the field. It would be time-consuming, but could eventually be lucrative. Taking good photos of the finished work would be critical.

EDIT: Also, please don’t undervalue your hard work.

You know ironically – there IS someone that plays Skaven in Warhammer table top here somewhere… he actually linked his competition recently. He’s been in on the streams … I always tease him (“Skaven --really?”)

He may be interested.

Hang in there mate, those are some really nicely painted figures.

James, I hope the GoFundMe page provides what you need, and the mini sale never has to happen. But if it does, I want to ask a favor - give the QT3 community the right of first refusal before you post them to the general public. It wouldn’t surprise me if you could get prime prices from the folks here and know that they’re going to a good home.