Well, its come to this, I guess

Nice work on those minis! I really hope things turn for the better for you.

Hey, also gave a bit for a fellow gamer.

On the gofundme campaign itself: I think those campaigns usually do best, the better they are structured and presented. I know it probably feels awkward to view them as kind of a kickstarter campaign where you are selling something, but that’s more or less what it is, just instead of a project, people fund a person. PR is PR, in the end.
So the more people know about the person and the case, the more likely they are to give something.

View all of these as optional of course, and share only what you are willing to share (some of these might be hard to share, I do not know), not trying to put pressure here, just trying to help as neutrally as possible:

• Better picture (maybe one of yourself? Or a medical bill [to kinda double as a proof])
  • Some kind of proof (at the moment, there is just your word, which I do believe, but you never know)
  • What kind of illness?
  • Why the 5000$ goal? Not questioning it, but I think it is good to state as detailed as possible what it is for.
  • Personal details (again, only what you’re willing to share!)

/rant
Also, fuck the US for still having that terrible health system, where you need to pay mandatory stuff mostly yourself. As a European, having lived in and known about many countries in the EU that would not let something like that happen, this brings me to a frothing rage whenever I see it.
It’s not even a loss of money, really, as a good healthcare system makes everyone more productive and increases lifespan and of course leaves people with more money to spend, also doubles as prevention, etc. etc… Society isn’t helped by sick people going into debt and losing their homes. I rather pay some more taxes (and having lived in Germany and Finland, believe me, I did/do ;) ) and get a state that doesn’t suck…
China does better, FFS. Well, if you live in a city, anyway.
rant/

Even if you do need to sell these mini’s, I’d hope that the GoFundMe gives you more time to sell them in an orderly fashion instead of in a “fire sale” fashion.

Hey @axisandallies - I just wanted to say that you matter.

We’ve never met, and probably never will, there being an ocean between us, but your story, your pain and yourself in particular matter to me - I’ve actually been thinking about you most of the day today, so, I wanted to reach out ( I couldn’t figure out how to do in the campaign) and let you know that you matter to people,and to me, even if we’ve never really interacted before.

Best of luck to you !

Best regards
Razgon
AKA Flemming - Denmark.

Seconding @Razgon’s excellent post, please know that you matter to this community, and we’re always here to lend support, even if it’s just to reassure you that someone is listening, that someone cares.

Donated to the cause as well, and I also agree with the above posters that you should consider offering your services on Etsy and Ebay, there could be people out there who would pay you to paint their mini’s once they saw the incredible detail and care you put into your pieces. I’m not sure what your health issues allow you to do, but if you can get out and visit some nearby game shops, perhaps they would allow you to display some of your mini’s along with information on how to contact you for painting services…as that too could bring in some income. Do painted mini’s sell for enough markup over unpainted ones to make buying/painting/selling online a worthwhile source of income for you?

Also, where in the US are you located? There could be services and organizations near you that can help with things like keeping the power and heat on even when you can’t pay the bills, putting food on the table when you are struggling, and even with negotiating with hospitals and healthcare companies to get your bills reduced or forgiven.

That was my number one question, if there is even a market for this that’s sustainable. Ebay suggested probably not, but then again none of those I saw looked near as nice as AAAs models.

Which brings me to my other suggestion - photos. You definitely want to work on taking better photos. We have more than a few photography buffs on this forum that would probably help, I can just say things like ‘don’t hold the figure in your hands, you can’t possibly hold it steady enough for razor sharp focus’ and ‘limit your depth of field to achieve a nice portrait/bokeh effect’. The figurines I see above just beg to be shown off properly but most are not properly focused. The second suggestion needs a DSLR or a newer phone with a portrait or similar mode which you may not have access to.

@axisandallies , wishing you the best! I know a few people who have had to deal with a spell of back luck, and I hope what has been donated will get you to a more manageable financial situation.

If you do a bit of footwork and take some of the suggestions mentioned above you will probably get a good amount of money for them fantastic miniatures.

Good luck @axisandallies!

100% agree with this. Hopefully it never has to happen at all, but I know I would personally be happy to pay a very reasonable price to have some minis painted as nicely as these @axisandallies and I don’t even play tabletop Warhammer. I just like nice minis.

Wishing you nothing but the best @axisandallies

A bit left field but I read about some.guys earning a living streaming themselves doing basic survival stuff like lighting fires and building shelters.

Not instructional videos.

Just a camera lodged in a tree and the guy gets on with cutting the tree etc. No speaking.

Made me think maybe people would like to see you paint the minis.

Maybe give instructions on how to do it?

Hey guy,

I’m really sorry that you’re in this situation. I really do not have anything intelligent or useful to add, other than my empathy. Sometimes life hits you in the nuts repeatedly, and I’m sorry you’re going through that right now.

@axisandallies good luck to you. Hope you don’t have to end up selling those figures you’ve obviously put a lot of work into and gotten joy from. Hang in there!

Another left of field idea:

I honestly have no idea if this helps, if this is possible for you, but maybe, just maybe.

Well, I’m at a point now, where I have a stop gap at a point where I can get my ducks in a row to sell my minis a little more deliberately. I really thank all of you for everything. I cannot begin to say how humbled I am at everything you all have given me. I am blessed with so much love and friendship that going forward, I will never forget.

It appears you are still going to sell some minis.
So, again I want to stress please do not undervalue your hard work.

Too many times I’ve seen people with financial difficulties panic, and sell their stuff for far less than it was worth, just because someone waved a bit of cash under their nose.

You’ve got a bit of breathing room now, and time to research what you should ask for those pieces.

Likely you know that already, but man I get so upset every time I’ve seen it happen, that I just cannot keep silent and hope you already know it. Just friendly advice is all. I honestly wish you the best. Above all, take care of yourself.

I’m so sorry to hear of all the problems you’ve been suffering.

There are so many jobs available in the oilfield; would it be possible to move out there and find something to do? I mean where i live they’re offering cashiers at convenience stores a $3,000 signing bonus; every business is desperate for workers. Finding gainful employment would help in so many ways.

Hope things start to look up for you.

As things start moving forward, I’ll be posting pics of my collection as I start preparing it for sale. I have a lot that isn’t painted still, so I am unsure if that would be of any interest.

How are you holding up @axisandallies ?

I’m kind of circling the drain, as it were.

That sounds less than ideal but not terrible…I hope? Anyhow, if it helps to talk about any of it, we’re here to listen! (Either in the thread or more directly, feel free to PM.)