Well, its come to this, I guess

I’m not doing too well. You guys here are about all I’ve got in the world. I appreciate everything every one of you have done for me. I don’t know if any of you have family out there that are struggling, but let them know that you love them. Some of us are alone and it gets dark out there. Its very dark for me. If my posts become less frequent or cease, know that I love you all.

Is there anything else we can do to help?

Do you at least have a safe place to live. You’re not… typing on your phone from a car in a alley or somewhere right?

I just wanted to let you all know I’m thankful to and for all of you. Not sure where I’d be this year without you all.

Thinking of you today my friend, and hoping your situation changes for the better very soon.

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. And if we were a bit closer, I’d invite you for turkey and an actual game of Axis and Allies.

We are always here to talk, bud. Please take care of yourself today.

How are you set for Christmas?

I’m unsure what you mean. I am still struggling to fend of getting my utilities shut off and foreclosure. There’s not going to be a Christmas this year.

I’ve contributed to your gofundme.

Should help with part of the bills.

Hey James,

I got an email alert that you updated your GoFundMe, but when when I go to the page, I can’t find your new post.

We’re worried about you.

I think it might have been removed. I read the whole thing earlier.

James, it seems like things have gotten worse for you. If you haven’t considered reaching out to community resources, that might be worthwhile for you.

I was terminated. I wrote an update, but thought it came off like I was begging so I deleted it. I’m just trying to stick around now.

You hang in there man, things can and will get better. If I could offer you anything of more substance than my sympathy I would.

Lol. I just got a call from a moving company that my old employer is coming to take my computer desk and chair. They provided it years ago as a work at home accommodation for my terminal illness. This is just starting to be fascinating.

Wow. What kind of piece of shit human being at a company arranges to take away a desk and chair from someone who is terminally ill and has already owned it for years? Like what the hell are they going to do with it anyway?

You should call your local news stations. I’m sure they’d love to report on a company that treats a terminally ill employee with such grace and dignity.

That’s actually a great idea. I know that it probably feels wrong, like you’re taking advantage of muckraking news, but I don’t think you should be worried about that. Plus you can mention the GoFundMe and why you need it. Hell, PM me the details and I’ll call your local news myself.

My old company draws a LOT of water in this town and is behind just about every charity and local event. They’d bury it. Pretty sure they’d find mother way to make my life more miserable. They also hold the mortgage in my house (they are a bank). I’m having enough trouble as it is. I’d probably living under a bridge by year’s end.

Seriously though, I am not sure how much unemployment you might get, I’m assuming you qualify, but the utilities usually have aid type programs, either directly through them or some community organization. There’s a line in some of the bills that reference that aid/low income stuff. I know it can feel overwhelming and a desire to just shutdown might kick in, especially since your company is being ass about furniture of all things, but reaching out to them and others to see what resources might be available to help you through a tough time might help.

Sorry to hear that. I still think it could work, as we’ve had a lot of local news stories here that have looked awfully bad for some big companies in the area. But you know your own town best!

It really sucks to hear your ex-company is doing that to you. I understand why there are some waves you might not want to make. But it does make one want to expose them for that kind of shitty behaviour.

5-6 years ago, I’d have had the disposable income to drop decent money on your GoFundMe and would happily have done so. These days, I struggle to make ends meet at the end of the month and have got a wall of debt heading my way. So I haven’t posted here yet because I feel really bad about not being able to do anything tangible to help. And I can relate to the stress and feeling of hopelessness you feel.

But I wanted to echo what others have said. You have people rooting for you. We care. And we are here to share the load and give you a place to vent and seek advice. Take @Nesrie’s advice and check out what help you can get. Every little bit will help.

Hang in there.

Since you put it back up, I think it’s bullshit companies use credit checks like that. There is no real evidence that links someone going through a hard financial time to company theft or misconduct. Credit Reports are also notorious for errors.There were bills or at least discussions about laws floating around to try and end that stupid practice. It’s like salt in the wound making someone struggle financially struggle even more by limiting their employment prospects. Let me rage for you!