Westworld - Hopkins, robots, six-guns

Seriously threw me for a loop. I was all, oh, that dude from Breaking Bad is in a new sci-fi show, cool. Then surprise!

Jesse Pinkman, but in the FUTURE!

Looks all right.

I am completely on-board with a brand new direction for Westworld + Aaron Paul. I was getting pretty burned out on the style of the first two seasons.

I wonder when in 2020 it’s launching. Hopefully early!

I like it. Makes it very clear we are out of the petri dish now. They get to write a completely new sci-fi dystopia, and then unleash the machine revolution on it. I am keen.

Are they gonna rename the show the Realworld?

Shows evolve. With movies becoming the domain of certain genres and stories-that-cater-to-global-audiences (aka, nothing that offends anyone), the storytellers are all flocking to premium TV/Netflix to tell complex stories. (The networks just want to serve the same comfort food over and over again).

It’ll be interesting to see if and how they balance the old Cowboy setting. Thandie Newton just won the Emmy, but her character is stuck in the park.

Ok, I loved the trailer. Damn, that looks cyberpunk + Westworld+Floyd=oh yeah.

New Trailer

Damn. They have me again.

Just realized I never watched season 2. I guess I know what I am doing after I finish attack on titan.

Well shit. That looks amazing.

Yeah, that is one bad ass trailer.

Season 3 Release Date March 15

Geez, trailer, way to bring to mind the all-too-plausible scenario of ecological collapse in Indonesia this year.

My reaction to this is basically: “We heard you like dystopia so we put some dystopia in your dystopia so you can dystopia while you dystopia.”

Official official trailer. I just finished season 2 the other day. I think watching it all over the course of a week (instead of 2+ months) helped - I had no real trouble keeping track of timeliness, or ever got the feeling nothing was happening. This looks great.

Crazy off the rails. I love it.

— Alan

Oh hell yeah.

I really really disliked Season 2, but that trailer looks good so I’ll give it another shot.

My thoughts exactly.