We've got movie sign? - MST3K Kickstarts Netflix series

Isn’t Cambot the one showing the movies, though? It always looked to me like Jonah is holding a picture of Cambot because (I assume) Cambot is rooted in the theater.

EDIT: Just to note, I am super unfamiliar with the, uh, “lore” of MST3K.

From Mandatory - Laugh. Learn. Do Some Good.

Gypsy is responsible for maintaining the higher functions on the ship, and in previous seasons those duties kept her outside of the theater and unable to riff on the movies. (Except for a brief stint she did in Episode 4.12 “Hercules and the Captive Women”.) She’s still too busy to be in theater the whole time, but every once in a while in the new season of MST3K, she just happens to be passing through so she stops long enough to deliver a quick zinger.

It’s a fun addition to her character and a great way to make use of the widescreen space that Mystery Science Theater 3000 now has available, but what is she DOING, exactly?

“That’s the payload,” Joel Hodgson explains. “She’s delivering the payload, and then bringing up the payload.”

Joel Hodgson does not go on to explain what, exactly, “the payload” is, but he does say that it’s not the same payload from Overwatch, which makes a lot of sense.

¯\(ツ)_/¯

You know what? That’s good enough for me. I love it.

It’s weed.

Also, I like Tom Servo flying around.

I’m not sure about overall best in terms of highs, but I think this is one of the most consistent seasons they’ve ever done.

I was wondering if that was an Inframan reference. One of my favorites ever. Probably the first movie I ever saw in a theater too.

I wonder if she is changing film reels?

[quote=“SadleyBradley, post:362, topic:77690, full:true”]
Isn’t Cambot the one showing the movies, though?[/quote]
How would a camera project a movie? That doesn’t even make sense.

Cambot is the camera in the host segment area. In some versions of the intro they show Cambot by holding up a mirror to the camera.

But cambot is filming Jonah and the bots and the movie from behind them. Right?

It’s just a show. You should really just relax.

Avalanche was fantastic. I laughed so hard I had to pause the show 5 or 6 times.

That one was so great. It’s like, let’s take all the awesome stuff about Poseidon Adventure, make none of the characters anywhere NEARLY as likeable, and then throw STYROFOAM at everyone. So great.

We’re up to The Loves of Hercules. Oh my god that was bad. It also seemed to be half dubbed over Italian and half over English. So weird.

So far I think Cry Wilderness is still my favorite. Starcrash though. Wow.

I really love Beast of Hollow Mountain. It’s this sort of ok western until the last 20 minutes where it goes completely off the rails. The riffing I thought was pretty good throughout too.

Oh my god, Beast of Hollow Mountain was soooooo ridiculous, especially at the end.

Nothing happens until the last 20 minutes. There’s, what, one quicksand incident and one uninteresting love triangle? Oh, and a festival scene.

There’s a surprisingly well choreographed fight scene for an MST quality movie.

Holy cow Starcrash is bad. It makes British 1970s sci-fi TV look good.

Tom Servo and Crow pitch to Netflix.

We watched the two Wizards of the Lost Kingdom movies last night. Hoooooooly shitsnacks.

Events keep conspiring every weekend to keep me away from MST3K, but I’m slowly making my way through the 3rd movie, the one about Time Travel to a post-apocalyptic future. It’s a testament to this season that I’m not willing to just have this on in the background while I eat or do something else, because then I might miss a great moment.