What about Zombie movies appeals to you?

The utter hopelessness of most zombie scenarios is what appeals to me.

The biggest flaw in the majority of zombie fiction is that it takes place in a world that doesn’t have zombie fiction. Fighting the horde usually fails in most stories because they’ll waste so much time, effort and supplies on not killing zombies before coming to the realization that you need to either a) aim for the head or b) completely destroy the zombie.

It’s not always a flaw Some of the most powerful stuff in WWZ is the mistakes and panic before they come to this realisation. But, like I say, WWZ is exceptional in many ways.

And, of course, Shaun of the Dead riffs off this to hilarious effect…

We need a zombie sitcom. Or more zombie comedy.

Abbott & Costello meet Zombies.

Quote fail.

“When there’s no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth.”

I especially liked the way WWZ subverts some of the advice in The Zombie Survival Guide.

Funny about that - I actually meant to write “walk” and wrote “work”. When I realized that and went to correct it, I typed “roam” - I haven’t slept well in over a week so that probably explains it.

Anyway, another reason I like Zombie movies: you will NOT catch a zombie monologuing!

“Send more paramedics!”

Well put and I agree. Zombie movies are about morbid fascination in more than one sense. All horror movies are basically rubbernecking at an accident scene. Observing a situation where everyone you see is probably going to die. In in zombie movies, however, most everyone else on the planet is already gone. Watching the last burning candle of humanity struggle to stay lit carries a little more weight than typical horror where the rest of the world is fine and oblivious to the plight of the characters.

I like good movies. And sometimes a zombie movie is good.

The thing with zombie movies is that are generally about a small group of people that talk and walk a lot and know each another. So is pretty much warranted some character development. If the writer want to have fun, can write some characters with incompatibilities and compatibilities and make a good story about that.

Then theres this general feeling of “impeding down”. And the sci-fi ske. You have people that need to build plans about survivability, discuss what weapons use, and what to do next. Is enteirtaming to see how people plan, the different opinions, is like a small society and are discussing about gadgets and food or oil. I am a nerd and I enjoy a good discussion about pistols or homemade grenades.

Most zombie movies are about survivors, and are good tales.

I normally don’t enjoy horror. But the zombie movies often deliver the horror in the form of “Don’t do that!, that is stupid!”. Are like cautionary tales about how our own defects and stupidity can dooom us.

Also, why is this in books/music?

Hiding threads won’t help you hide from the zombie hordes.