What Anno games should I play?

I’m sorry that you were misled by this post! Indeed I think that 1800 is the best one now, and I think that @Nightgaunt has the minority opinion. FWIW I also agree with your opinion on 1404 vs 2070.

If this is coming up on Google then I should probably fix the typos in the OP…

Yay winter sales! I picked up anno 1404 and 1701 on Gog for $3ish each this weekend. Jumped in with 1404, like 4 levels into the campaign I think. I love city builders, and there’s so much good here. Some things that are catching me off guard (some good and some bad) and I don’t always understand why my buildings aren’t producing anymore – they’re full and nobody has come to pick them up, and I’m not sure how to improve pick-up consistency. But certainly the good far outweighs the bad. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a great new city builder, and this definitely scratches the itch I wanted.

Warehouses have a limited (but upgradeable) delivery capacity, so you probably need to either add a new warehouse nearby or upgrade your existing ones. Assuming your island hasn’t reached capacity in that good, of course.

Yeah no there’s still space for it. I added some storehouses, but COMPLETELY forgot that I can upgrade the warehouse – and also didn’t realize that it would improve delivery rates. Will definitely do that!