What are the upcoming MMORPGs and CRPGs?

Dear Abby,
I’m trying to psych up and buy a new PC – it’s been over three years, and my 1 GHz Athlon is pretty sad – but I’m finding it tough because there isn’t really much out that I want to play. Are there any upcoming MMORPGs or CRPGs that can use the horsepower? Or should I just wait?

signed,
Unmotivated Gamer

Gothic II is a great action-RPG. US version will be available later this month, the UK import can be ordered at places such as GoGamer and whatnot.

2004 is the big year for MMOs. The only notable MMO due this year that isn’t already out is Horizons.

How about The Bloody Magic?

http://www.thebloodymagic.com/en/

FFXI is coming out next month or so. Console roots and style, but supposedly EQ like gameplay at its core.

There’s the Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna expansion pack, KotOR on the PC, Shadowbane: Rise of Chaos, DaoC: Trials of Atlantis, NWN: Hordes of the Underdark, Ultima X, World of Warcraft, Lineage II, Everquest II and LotR Online, all scheduled to come out by March of next year, some tenatively so, some not. Even with half of those probably slipping until who knows when, the rest should keep you busy.

Do not forget about Deus Ex II.

Sounds like next February or March is the time to consider buying… thanks, all.