What are you more excited about - Rock Band or Guitar Hero III?

It’s a tie. I’ll be purchasing both.

I don’t understand the appeal of rock band, so it’s GH3 for me.

But then again, I live in a shitty city and all my friends are train or plane ride away.

Rock Band. I’ve always wanted to play bass, the drums look awesome, and my fiancee can’t wait to sing. We’re planning on grabbing it close to release.

Guitar Hero III.

Because everyone wants to be a drummer.

neither, nothing to play them on…

It’s a tie. I’ll be purchasing both.

Obviously-- so will I-- but that wasn’t the question, was it? :)

I’ll get whichever one has a better controller first, and pray it works with the other game. :p

I picked Rock Band, but I’ve already preordered GH3 from Red Octane for the wireless 360 guitar and the swag.

Yeah, the drums are what’s making me wet for Rock Band. But I also have a lot more faith in the makers of the original GH to make a great game than I do in some new team to improve the franchise. But I’ll also end up buying both of them eventually.

I-mma gonna be a sing-er!

I have no friends to play Rock Band With, so GH3 for me.

I know the old GH II Xbox 360 Xplorer controllers will work with Rock Band. That’s on record already all over the internet.

Question: Can I presume that the newer, wireless GHIII Xbox 360 guitar controllers will also work with Rock Band?

I’d like to add that I think the soundtrack for Rock Band completely fucking demolishes the track list for GH III.

Rock Band tracklist
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/48865

GH III tracklist
http://www.shacknews.com/docs/press/20070716_gh3_tracklist.x

IMNSHO of course.

Rock Band

• David Bowie, “Suffragette City”
  • Black Sabbath, “Paranoid” (cover recording)
  • Rush, “Tom Sawyer” (cover recording)
  • Bon Jovi, “Wanted Dead or Alive”
  • Pixies, “Wave of Mutilation”
  • Metallica, “Enter Sandman”
  • Nirvana, “In Bloom”
  • Stone Temple Pilots, “Vasoline”
  • Weezer, “Say It Ain’t So”
  • Smashing Pumpkins, “Cherub Rock”
  • Radiohead, “Creep”
  • Beastie Boys, “Sabotage”
  • Freezepop, “Brain Power”

vs

GHIII

• Bulls on Parade (by Rage Against the Machine)
  • One (by Metallica)
  • Avalancha (by Heroes Del Silencio)
  • Raining Blood (by Slayer)
  • Suck My Kiss (by Red Hot Chili Peppers)
  • Number Of The Beast (by Iron Maiden)
  • Even Flow (by Pearl Jam)
  • Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)
  • Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
  • Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
  • Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
  • Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
  • Rock You Like a Hurricane (as made famous by Scorpions)
  • Paranoid (as made famous by Black Sabbath)

But while I find stronger must have songs for the GHIII lineup, I have much more to look forward to in the “other” category for Rock Band. So I guess it might be a more balanced game in that sense. But Appetite for Destruction! Paint it Black! Even Flow! Knights of Cydonia!

Shit. If it didn’t have the still remains to be seen “feature” of boss battles, I’d say hands down that GH3 has the nod for now. For me. Subjectively.

Appetite for Destruction! Even Flow!

Really looking forward to seeing differences between how fun songs on the different games play.

WTF is this “either/or” stuff? As long as the guitars are compatible, it’s both, baby. Only question is which one to buy first.

Rock Band. Better songs. Drums. Karaoke. Customizable avatars. Yeah, it’s not even close.

And while I’m even more excited about the drums, karaoke is a big draw for me and they have some fantastic songs for it. Dead or Alive? Say it Ain’t So? Black Hole Sun? Should I Stay or Should I Go No? Fuck yeah!

Guitar Hero’s songs are merely decent. I’m not a big Muse fan so the highlights are really Scorpions and Guns 'n Roses. There’s some good songs there, definitely, and I’ll pick it up but there’s also a lot of “meh”. Almost every song on the Rock Band list sounds awesome.

Both, but Rock Band more.

You’re more excited about both, but more more excited about Rock Band?

I’m going to buy both whether the guitars are compatible or not. I’m a whore for this franchise.

Guitar Hero III for sure. I just want to kick it guitar style, and I think GH will do that better, especially from what sluggo has said. That said Rock Band will be nice because you can get more people involved at once. Whenever GH is introduced at a party there are usually one or two people playing and a group of people sitting around bored out of their minds.