What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

If these genetic modifications entail some kind of copyright mechanism, such as these plants will no longer produce viable seed / offspring without some special genetic unlock code, then we are doomed.

Because I am quite sure, despite countless assurances, these insects will escape and modify a shit-ton of things they are not supposed to. I worry enough about the pollen of GM plants spreading this stuff already. I do not need bugs which can reproduce and spread across the entire planet.

This does not sound smart.

They’re fighting the Spotted Lanternfly here in PA and they know that we lack its main predator overseas but they’re in no hurry to introduce another species of bug into the environment here as a counter because no one knows what other problems that bug could unleash. That’s just smart.

Nothing to worry about, I hear it’s unsinkable.

Wait until you hear the name of the project director on this: Clive Mensink.

Not kidding.

Well at least there’s a lot less ice along the way now.

Is there a word for funny yet heartbreaking?

Look man we just wrapped up coining Millenihilism; we’re making up words to cope with 2018 as fast as possible!

How about fuartbreaking?

We’re already using that as a synonym for crop dusting.

Irony ennui

As long as the replica Titanic waits to sail until all the polar ice has melted, it should be fine.

Unsinkable, eh?

They’ll have to navigate carefully around the statue of liberty’s torch as they make their way to the Allentown harbor.

Best line of the article : “There’s no word on what happened to the spiders.”

They were just burned up about the whole thing.

Please tell me that was one of Elon Musk’s Boring “flamethrowers”.

See what happens when stupid people take the “burn it with fire” meme to heart?

“Although the exact cause of the blaze is under investigation, firefighters believe the blowtorch was to blame.”

Pretty safe assumption.

Black widows really aren’t that bad for most people. They mostly just hide.