What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Well, if you take your healthy friend’s poop, and put it in a blender, and put it in a turkey baster, and wipe margarine or olive oil on the tip of the turkey baster, and sit up against the wall so your anus faces straight up, and put the tip of the lubed turkey in your butthole, and press the turkey baster bulb so your friend’s poop goes up your butt, you just microbiomed yourself on the cheap.

What the hell stusser, you said a lot of the price is drugs. Fine, prove it. Show me the invoice where the bulk of the IVF experience is just a drug price.

“A lot of the price is the drugs” is not, in any sane person’s mind, equivalent to “it’s just a drug”.

It’s way more than a drug, but do go on, show me the invoices, the cost analysis that says it is

Prove that.

Sissy.

LOL, I was going to write “None of those are cheap except that microbiome stuff, which is worthless.” It was a rare decision to avoid being pedantic. Never again.

I…

This terrifies me on several levels. Is this a thing (no, this is a rhetorical question)? Why did you know this (again, rhetorical)! If you just made this up…

I can appreciate that you are an idiosyncratic dude, we all have are things, but holy shit man!

no u 

@CraigM: Oh yes, it’s a real thing! And it actually works for some diseases, your gut bacteria matter more than you might think. I did skip one step, you need to take antibiotics to kill off your gut flora before basting your guts with your buddy’s dooker.

You can’t because it’s not true. the Procedures themselves are expensive. It’s a bullshit statement, but you’re the one claiming it’s mostly drugs and then you got pissy and tried to pin that statement on me.

There actually is one occasion that calls for a “fecal enema”, namely gut infection with C dif (which cannot compete against normal gut flora). But when it’s medically necessary, it’s expensive!

Also, C dif infection is caused by killing your normal gut flora with antibiotics. So please ignore stusser’s advice!

Except I didn’t say that, you built up a straw man just so you could burn it down. Please argue in good faith or at least endeavor to troll more entertainingly.

@magnet: Supposedly it has potential to work for a bunch of stuff. I’m not a doctor, I just read sensationalist news articles, but my brother is a GI and he says it’s promising.

And just to be clear, I hope nobody read my post and immediately took their turkey baster out of the dishwasher with a gleam in their eye.

Review again. You said it was mostly drugs. It’s right there. I said it’s way more than drugs as in more involved than drugs, by like a lot. You can get those drugs to almost zero and you would still pay a lot. You’re misrepresenting not only the influence of drugs in the process but my point that you’re doing it by doing your strawman dance. If anyone isn’t arguing in good faith, it’s the person that made a completely false claim and then got pissy when called on it.

Only in the mind of someone trying to win an argument through bad faith is “a lot of the price is the drugs” equivalent to “it’s mostly drugs”.

Oh really, so in your world what is a lot? Are you trying to claim that a lot somehow equates to say less than half? If it’s less than half, it’s not a lot.

I like where this discussion is going. Lets pivot slightly.

Describe for me, in single words, only the good things that come into your mind about your mother.

Wait. You wash it first? Damn.

A wuss using a baster, just freehand that shit.

I mean, I imagined people putting it in the dishwasher after Thanksgiving, then pulling it out and sticking it in their anus. These are the sorts of scenarios I think about.

Is it normal for your buddy to struggle so much as you use the turkey baster to suck the poop out of him? It’s really stressful for me.

I think I like it better when we say violent things about Trump and McConnel.