What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

What’s the worst that could happen? You just have to defeat them in battle and you’ll level up a couple times and gain a perk. It’s a win-win.

Yes-yes, good idea this is.

I went looking for Skaven in London, but came up empty handed.

It’s amazing that he got caught by another surgeon who did a follow up surgery on one of his patients. More proof that we are in one of the more fucked up timelines in the multiverse. Michael Moorcock eat your heart out.

Maybe I need to re-read the article, but I’m still not clear on what their goal was with that stunt. What were they trying to do?

I am surer every day that the police, fire department and ER doctors should, in certain cases, refuse to help idiots. Just tell them, “Sorry. Our hands are tied. You’re on your own.”

Trying to make a mold of his head without a mold?

Literally the only thing I can think of that even tangentially makes sense.

Get hits on youtube.

I’ve always envied people who could seemingly ignore dizzying heights. Until now. God gave us vertigo for a reason. Don’t ignore it.

Yeah, I used to do lots of stupid, crazy climbing when I was young. But stunts? No way.

I can’t find it anymore but I thought this one video I saw was fascinating, pretty sure it was a TED talk or something. Or maybe something on NPR.

Human beings aren’t made to go really, really fast, because we can’t run all that fast. So our brains don’t understand the sort of danger we’re in when we drive really fast, because it’s all horizontal. Maybe that’s good or no one would be comfortable driving.

But our brains “get” falling. If you fall from up here, you’ll go really, really fast and hit the ground very hard. We instinctively know that heights are dangerous. We “get” that sort of speed. If you fall from about 13 stories up you’ll hit the ground at 60mph. We drive that all the time like it’s no big deal.

I’ve just always found this interesting since this fellow/woman brought it up. Wish I could remember it. I think they suggested planting a giant spike/spearhead in the middle of your steering wheel pointing directly at your heart to give yourself the same amount of fear per speed as you imagine for heights.

Tullock’s Spike,” after economist Gordon Tullock (who also had interesting and pertinent things to say about rent-seeking).

Yeah, I think the person I’m thinking of referenced that guy’s idea more than claimed he made it up himself. Maybe I’ll locate the video based on that help though. Thanks!

1950s-60s era cars had steering columns very reminiscent of spikes…

Why post that in this thread? Well, I listened to an audio version of this story not too long ago…

Why in this thread? I couldn’t find the ‘poop falling from the sky injures people’ thread. (the photo in the preview, sadly, is not the poopsickle)

If visiting India - heads up.