What current games even use hardware PhysX anymore?

So I just remembered I’ve had a spare GTX 960 sitting inside my gaming tower for over a year not being utilized and Witcher 3 used CPU for its PhysX/hairworks thing.

I mean, if you’re not using it, I’m sure someone might be willing to take it off your hands … :)

Man, this isn’t promising: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_hardware-accelerated_PhysX_support

(my main card is a 980ti)

it seems to be relegated to a flying paper/particle simulator/hair checkbox option.

It seems like most developers would prefer to focus on physics interactions that affect gameplay, and everyone who plays the game, instead of purely focusing on visual effects that by technical restriction can’t have any impact on gameplay at all.

When I look at something like Zelda: Breath of the Wild - running on a Wii U - it has a more satisfying physics engine which directly affects and multiplies gameplay possibilities than the vast majority of other games out there. Why would I need GPU-specific physics on top of that?

I thought DirectCompute used GPU?

The Nvidia hairworks uses DirectCompute, and is not a part of Physx - mainly so it works hardware accelerated on AMD cards also.

In a way I’m glad Physx flopped. I’m not a fan of brand-specific 3D API stuff. The whole freesync vs g-sync BS needs to go away, too.

Well, one of them is a VESA standard and the other is a proprietary standard, so write an email to Nvidia to stop being dicks.

hey gaiz i’m still trying to get my bigfoot networks killer nic to pwn noobs