What do you get when you cross Buffy and Bayonetta? Not Lollipop Chainsaw.

yeah those quarter to three dumbshits just crave some attention, who the flunk are they anyway.

I think it's because there aren't many reviews up yet.

Hey, hate brigade, a negative review of Inversion posted on this site just yesterday. You guys should spread out a little. Some of y'all go yell at that review.

To summarise your reply. I'm a neckbearded person guarding a reviewer who has given x,y and z title a low score without having acutally played the game myself and basing my sole opinion on this game because someone called tomchick gave a game a low score and I have to stick by it. Christ you neckbearded twats are like sheep and tomchick's your shepherd. Where he goes, you lot go. Well done tomchick, more traffic, more ad revenue, more evangelists defending you. Splendid.

I'm thinking you may not have played Bayonetta.

To summarize your reply.

HURR DURR DERP PPRRRTTT HERP DERP.

Splendid, my dear Old Derp, just splendid!

This coming from a fine gentleman whose twitter page has a Chainsaw Lollypop background. Bet you draw the main character on your PeeChee folders, too.

You know...do kids even use PeeChees any more? Or Trapper Keepers, or whatever? Or do they just throw their homework into their laptop bags or something? Or is the idea of homework itself antiquated when our children simply log into a terminal server to do their schoolwork? Hmmph.

"Don't fuck with the holy commandants."

Don't fuck with my English language, son.

I really don't agree with that. It's true if you play without idols on, but with everything activated it becomes quite involved, and playstyles vary greatly based on your weapons and spirits equipped.

this gane is so stuped its was a bad idea seruoisely just stick to real games insted like modern warefare 3

stuped

Overkill achieves everything that Suda has been trying to do for 2 games which is frustrating because I want Mr 51 to succeed.

And Mr Chick I don't like your insinuations against my beloved light gun games, give me a gun shaped piece of plastic and that's my day wasted. I even played and sort of enjoyed those Resident Evil light gun games.

I can't help but feel a little guilty when I'm enjoying a lightgun game. "This is so stupid," my head tells me, while my body is striking some awesome gunshooterman poses. Pkow! Bang! Gotcha!

And, yeah, the Resident Evil lightgun games at least introduced some cool gameplay stuff. I seem to recall one of them was actually pretty challenging, and not in a cheap way. Imagine how cool House of the Dead Overkill would have been if they'd actually put that sort of gameplay into that wonderful wonderful thing?

Was I the only person in the world who thought Bayonetta was a super shallow unfulfilling action game? Phenomenal character animation and set pieces, but the combat was nothing but waiting to hit the dodge button, mashing the attack buttons, followed by a quicktime event. God of War's combat had more depth to it, and God of War wasn't a deep game.

10% of Bayonetta's cutscenes were over the top awesome action. 90% was pointless boring blabbing about a convoluted backstory nobody cared about. Watch pink hearts fly by before performing another QTE as you listen to that remix of "Fly Me to the Moon" for the 200th time.

I think I'm going to check this game out under the reverse pretense of "If you liked Bayonetta, you won't like this." That isn't a slight, since a reviewer's sole job is to inform you whether or not to bother with something. Job well done.

Nice joke review.

There definitely have been film reviews that are similar to your example. How the film is shot, the score or soundtrack, and special effects, are very important when you review a film, and are just as important when reviewing a game.

A 1 out of 5 says there is basically nothing good about the game, and that's just not true in this case. There's a reason most games(even horrible games) usually don't get scores lower than 50%. There's usually something that helps bump the score up. Scores below 50% are usually reserved for games that are broken.

The simple fact that the game has gotten higher scores, lets you know the game isn't broken or unplayable. It deserves a fair score even if the reviewer doesn't like it.

"A heroine who occasionally chirps "What the dick?""

That sealed it for me right there - no way am I spending 6 hours with someone who would say that phrase. That... that is the worst attempt at a new catchphrase I've heard in a very long time.

Great review.

Haha, a game you like had its metacritic score plummet because of Tom's review.

Did you play Asura's Wrath, Tom?

Wow, good job single handedly destroying this game's Metacritic score with your unbelievably unfair review. Juliet was never trying to be Bayonetta and to say this game isnt as good as Splatterhouse. Hey, I love that game but this game pulls off cheese much much better.

Just the first few levels, so I could be slandering it unfairly when I say the combat is simple. I'm assuming it doesn't get much more complex than the early levels.

But I couldn't stick with it. I really don't get anime, and Asura's Wrath was obviously built for anime fans.

Did you play it? Am I being too harsh?