What do you remember that shows your age?

Shorts on planes are fine. I prefer actual shoes over flip flops or sandals, but as long as I’m not smelling feet, I don’t care. I’m usually too wrapped up in movies or TV shows anyway.

Carryon size luggage leaves no room for my suit. That is my excuse. And I lived in the north east and I rather be comfortable on the plane than not.

I would wear business causal usually.

I did that back when I had to wear ties for work. I’d rather be able to breathe.

Get your neck measured so you can buy shirts with the right collar size. It makes a huge difference in your comfort when wearing a tie.

Pfft. Third world problems.

I remember that the first computer game I ever played was “Lunar Lander” on an IBM System 360 printer terminal in the university library.

I remember when Pong first made it’s appearance in bars in the New York area.

I remember playing with pictures (similiar to color in by numbers with colored pencils) but this type had a powder you would sprinkle into sections. You peeled out a sticky section and poured the powder in. I thought it was so neat making pictures that way as a young kid.

How about making a picture in crayons and then put black crayon on top of your picture which you would then scratch off. Made cool pictures. That was the rage back in 1st grade in 1965.

I remember drawing directly onto the television

Oh yeah. They had a kit with a plastic overlay for the screen and ‘special’ crayons that you could buy. I just drew on the screen with my crayons. They wiped right off.

Wow, the Winky Dink stuff reminded me of a vintage TV we saw recently. We went on a house tour in a subdivision that was built in the 1950s with cool, pre-fab houses that were very modernistic. Mid-century Modern they call it now.

Anyway, a lot of the folks living there decorated in Mid-Century Modern, and one even had this awesome black and white TV that was still working.

They had an episode of Lassie playing as we toured the house. It was really cool.

The first TV may parents bought looked just like that. I think it was made by Zenith. They had it until I was about 6 or 7 years old.

I remember when pretty much all TVs were made by Zenith.

I remember when RCA meant electronics and not Root Cause Analysis. Plus the little dog and the phonograph symbol.

50 Quatloos if you can tell me the little dog’s name (no Googling or other (cheating, please).

Nipper.

Oh, and “His master’s voice”.

And the man wins a cigar!

Man…I’d take a cigar!

Believe it or not, but the clothes dryer that came with the house I bought 16 years ago (and still live in today) was an RCA…yes, THAT RCA…brand clothes dryer. Still works great.

Tony

This.