What do you remember that shows your age?

Here is an interesting site:

Toy hall of Fame
http://www.toyhalloffame.org/

I used to show different toys in a PowerPoint and make a game to see if folk’s could guess which toy was in the toy Hall of Fame as an icebreaker when I used to do corporate training as my job.

I had the Pretzel Jetzel machine and the Lollipop Maker. Yet again a chance to drop boiling sugar on yourself.

On the theme of toys, I remember getting TWO of these one Christmas:

https://guide.lugnet.com/set/6073

Dude. You just got image not supported there. How 1980s. :)

Well, you get the picture… ;)

I loved Burger Chef. Still mad Hardees bought them all out (or maybe they just bought the locations - either way).

I remember maps (well, globes) from elementary school when they still had the U.S.S.R. on them.

I remember seeing the movie, in the theater.

My dad was a product manager at Mattel. We had a lot of Mattel toys. Thingmaker was huge, as were all things Major Matt Mason. And, later, a lot of bad tys, like Wizzers. It’s t turns out the only product my dad ever really hit a home run woth was the one that made him director of product development and got us moved out to the LA offic from NTC: Hot Wheels. (I’ve met both Don Prudhomme AND Tom McEwan.)

I had a Major Matt Mason moon base, That was one of my favourite toys. I recall also having a couple of Major Matt Mason books. If memory serves, one of them involved moon worms.

Oh hey, and also full-size GI Joe! You know, the kind that are like 12 inches tall, not the action figures. Plus real peach fuzz for a beard!

Shopping at Kresge. Lunch at Woolworth’s.

Bicentennial fire hydrants.

We got 9 stations on TV…ON CABLE…and thought that was too much to ever watch it all.
Only 4 TV networks.
TV Stations went off the air at 11:00 PM unitl 6:00 AM the next morning.
Having to get up and walk to the TV to change the station, volume or just turn it on or off.
Baseball without the Designated Hitter, and still thinking of Toronto and Seattle as “Expansion Teams”.
The only 0 Calorie drink was water.
Actual Floppy Disks, and not the “hard” 3.5 inch kind, but the big 8" whoppers.
Headlight Dimmer Switches on the floor of the car, and the gear shift lever on the steering column.
Bench seats and no seat belts.
Alternate-Day gas buying rules
8-Tracks were TEH AWESOME, and so were 45RPM’s!
Car phones were for rich folk.
Snow Tires.
Storm Windows.

Tony

Using floppy disks (3.5) for games and documents.

5 1/4, youngun.

(Yeah, I know they made 'em even bigger back in the day.)

still thinking of the Mets as an expansion team…

Using a recorder just like this one to load games on my CP-400 (a TRS-80 color clone we had in Brazil back in the 80’s).

Also, this toy was pretty popular in Brazil back in the 70’s/80’s. HUGE. Not sure how popular it was outside Brazil:

I had a toy very much like that. Filled with water, right? And when you push the two round buttons it would jet water out of the bottom to try to shoot the ball into the basket?

I’ve used these before. You know what makes no sense to kids today, why the save button is a weird looking square in Word. (yes I know that’s the 3.5 hard disk not the bigger one)