What do you remember that shows your age?

I think so? I’m going by unreliable memory here. I know there was a sequel book by that name and I remember watching two Triffid movies.

Damnit. Now I gotta go check…

edit: google is strongly implying my memory is indeed unreliable and only the first was a movie. Sorry to get your hopes up!

Ugly-ass clothes (the 70’s).

Back in the 70s I unironically wore plaid bellbottoms, elastic midriff shirts and platform shoes. I’m better now.

I’ve got a picture of myself as a five year old in a leisure suit that my mother paid good money for. And no, you can’t see it.

Mine was robin’s egg blue with decorative stitching on the pockets. I eventually wore it when I was married for the first time, in city hall, at the mature age of 18.

Mistakes were made.

Edit: I also had a Miami Vice, Don Johnson jacket at one time. White. To soak up sweat and spilled drinks.

Pocket Protectors… the original geek badge

Typing in BASIC programs from COMPUTE!, Family Computing, and—from Children’s Television Workshop—Enter.

Speaking of CTW: Elmo-free Sesame Street.

Space Gamer & Fantasy Gamer (not sure if they were mentioned above). I used to love reading those mags.

I remember a time when every phone had a cord, and every train had a caboose. That time didn’t outlast my childhood, though.

I loved cabooses as a kid. I don’t know why. Specifically red cabooses at a time when they were almost all green/yellow I think.

I’m a caboose man myself.

winkwink

I knew something like that was coming. I’d imagine non-red(dish) cabooses on Decapodians would be a sign of illness. I mean a green caboose? What would Zoidberg do?

puke

When Reagan was shot. I might, maybe have a few hazy political memories of Carter and the Iran hostage crisis.

I also remember cabooses! Train tracks went near my home. We’d go out and wave at the guys in the caboose and they’d wave back.

In the mid-80s, getting this book from the library:
https://www.amazon.com/Nuclear-Inc-Ground-Zero-Fund/dp/0671450964/ref=sr_1_1

After a nuclear war you don’t need electric lighting at night because everything just glows.

Leisure suits, I never had one. Heck, I never owned a suit until I was probably 50. But I do remember my brother owning a Nehru jacket. I don’t remember ever seeing him wear it though.

I was going to post a photo of some dude from the 60s wearing a peace symbol necklace - but all the search results were for Halloween costumes. Which all by itself says something about showing my age.

How about a “surfers cross”?

Setlist from the Cow Palace (Daly City, that is). Great concert. Thanks to https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pink-floyd/1975/cow-palace-daly-city-ca-7bd706a8.html

Sheep
(Early version, known as "Raving and Drooling")
Dogs
(Early version, known as "You Gotta Be Crazy")
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
Have a Cigar
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX)

"The Dark Side of the Moon"
Speak to Me
Breathe
On the Run
Time
Breathe (Reprise)
The Great Gig in the Sky
Money
Us and Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse

Encore:
Echoes

Madison Square Garden. Pink Floyd. The Animals Tour. Acid and hash oil. Insane surround sound. Giant flying pig. Mind was mush for days after.

Narrator: Some say that it still is.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pink-floyd/1977/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-13d6154d.html