What do you remember that shows your age?

I still remember my two household phone numbers growing up in addition to a few of my friends phone numbers.

Oi, I still don’t have my daughter’s cell phone and SSN memorized…

There was a very successful restaurant in Santa Monica Canyon that was named Gladstone’s 4 Fish because their phone number was GLadstone 4-FISH. It was still in operation long after most of its customers had no idea that was a phone number.

My Brooklyn brother! Light green box with thin brown cross hatch. Am I right? Their crumb cake was heaven! My Ebinger’s was on Church Avenue near East Third Street. Thanks for the nostalgia.

The phone conversation reminds me of this video from one of my YouTube subs

British phone numbers be weird y’all

Exactly! My shop was on Ave M, a few blocks from East 15th Street.

No one has ever come close to that cookie of my childhood.

Oh, and I remember being able to get the best Grapeade at our local Pizza place on Kings Highway a few blocks from Ocean Ave. A slice of pizza and that grape drink was to die for. They also had a very good Orangeade.

You would have an Italian Ice as you walked home in the summer.

One other memory was when I would sleep over my grandma’s house in the summer they have the train right past their backyard. My cousins and I would sleep in a big bed and at night and the train would vibrate the bed. It was the best - the sound of the train in the night as you fell asleep.

decvax!decwrl!purdue!msu!bob

(the above is how email used to get places)

Weird to think about being nostalgic for bang paths, but even at the time I found something almost romantic about them, like those exotic destination stickers on old steamer trunks.

I wouldn’t say I’m nostalgic for them - but I do remember them and that does show my age.

The toys with the roll up skin!

And the telescope thing in the toy’s head so you could look through the back of his skull and see things in “bionic vision.”

That’s actually a pretty cool cover. Bob Peak, evidently, who also did this thing:

Remembering a TV Guide with local program listings shows my age.

Yeah I remember around 1989 calling your exchange was free? I used to read the front of the telephone book, it explained this stuff I think. Well, it had to be, it’s not like there was an internet to learn random stuff from.

Or maybe it was the phone bills. I forget. Yeah. I really wanted a BBS that was on my own exchange so my parents wouldn’t kill me. 1200 baud was real slow.

Not only did I have the Six Million Dollar Man toy. I still have it. With my various GI Joes and Captain Action. The guy that had all of the different costumes and masks.

Found a telephone exchange map from the 1961 LA phone book. I remember “message units”, but only vaguely recall the introduction of national “direct dialing”, so the instructions about how to call cities you can not dial direct doesn’t ring any bells (so to speak).

Have to say - Skylab. And all the wondering about where it was going to crash back to Earth.

Oh, wow - yeah. It became a running joke around where I lived. Any sudden sound; falling branch, tray dropping at a restaurant, etc… There were decent odds someone would mutter a snarky, “Must be Skylab.”

“Here’s John Belushi, cowering in his New York apartment!”

Playing Tempest for free for days because of the credits hack.