What first game for a new PC?

Obviously a Dark Souls game.

I upgraded to a high end PC in the Fall, mainly for MSFS2020, but as mentioned, RDR2, Control, recent AC games look impressive, and Witcher 3 maxed out is pretty glorious. GTA5 definitely looks really good maxed, too.

Edit: almost forgot Tom Chick’s GoTY, Cyberpunk 2077, which looks incredible.

The first game I tried when I upgraded my pc two years ago was Subnautica. Great experience! Whatever you pick, have fun!

Total Warhammer II. Laboratory battle. That lets you set up custom battles with insane numbers of units.

I think I missed or muted the thread about this. Are you involved with development? If so, that’s cool!

I’m a playtester and also am helping with Steam and marketing.

I wonder if I could find my old manual. I’m guessing no.

Edit - nope. Why did I keep my Might & Magic boxes, manuals, and floppies? At least I have Tie Fighter and U5.

You can see it here, but 2.0 will get an updated manual.

Zork.

Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War is pretty impressive but if you don’t want to spend any money, download Warzone. It’s also quite a looker on PC.

Serious answer, one of the first games I tried on my new system last year was Total War: Warhammer 2 to enjoy the beauty of maxxed out settings and everything running nearly buttery smooth on my 34 inch monitor. I think the first game I tried though was Dominions 5, but that was only because an MP game was underway at the time.

Games I’ve yet to try due to time constraints:

Skyrim SE (heavily modded)
Any of the recent Doom games.
Planet Coaster.

Spend $1 on PC GamePass.

Load and play:

Control, DOOM Eternal, Forza Horizon 3, Gears 5, DiRT 5, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Forza Horizon 3 was the second game I ran on my newly-built PC two years ago. Such a beautiful game. I find it prettier than 4 in all honesty.

I was very impressed by Hitman 3 and Doom 2016 on my 3060 Ti. Also played RDR2, Ashes of the Singularity and Anno 1800 maxed out. None of these shows off RT or DLSS yet, but I am looking forward to that eventually. I held off on Cyberpunk (which was going to be my first RTX game) due to the bugs.

Max Payne 3 looks great still if you have it on your account.

Remember that gamepass is not available to most of the world. At least not legitimately.

Anyway, I second “any latwst Ubisoft game”. My personal preference is Odyssey but if vikinga or mummies are you thing they got you covered too. Watch Dogs Legion has a nice looking city. Red Dead Redemption is probably the nost realisticly looking game but the world is relatively boring, it’s just cowbow countryside.

Your timing is perfect for you new rig, because Armageddon Empires just came to Steam.

As a (once) professional game tester, I feel this is a duty.

Thank you!

Jagged Alliance 2