What first game for a new PC?

how does one get in on this?

Use the contact form on our site! No specific time committment or anything, all we ask is you actively play it and report any problems you run into.

https://starfleet2.com/contact/

Zork, of course.

Anno 1800 looks incredible with everything cranked up.

Cyberpunk, DCS, any other VR title.

I recently upgraded myself and while it has been great to load up some of the newest games with demanding requirements and crank everything up the max, I was most blown away by Skyrim. With graphic mods that game really holds up.

Oh yeah that reminds me. I’ve always been jealous of people being able to run Enbs on Fallout New Vegas, which is very CPU intensive. So I installed that game and installed Rudy ENB. I’m not sure if it’s a good one yet or not, I just installed it last night. I don’t want to go through the hassle of download and installing mods for Bethesda games, so the game probably won’t look that great. But I hope it looks better than it did at launch thanks to this enb.

Has anyone mentioned Populous?

Obviously a Dark Souls game.

I upgraded to a high end PC in the Fall, mainly for MSFS2020, but as mentioned, RDR2, Control, recent AC games look impressive, and Witcher 3 maxed out is pretty glorious. GTA5 definitely looks really good maxed, too.

Edit: almost forgot Tom Chick’s GoTY, Cyberpunk 2077, which looks incredible.

The first game I tried when I upgraded my pc two years ago was Subnautica. Great experience! Whatever you pick, have fun!

Total Warhammer II. Laboratory battle. That lets you set up custom battles with insane numbers of units.

I think I missed or muted the thread about this. Are you involved with development? If so, that’s cool!

I’m a playtester and also am helping with Steam and marketing.

I wonder if I could find my old manual. I’m guessing no.

Edit - nope. Why did I keep my Might & Magic boxes, manuals, and floppies? At least I have Tie Fighter and U5.

You can see it here, but 2.0 will get an updated manual.

Zork.

Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War is pretty impressive but if you don’t want to spend any money, download Warzone. It’s also quite a looker on PC.

Serious answer, one of the first games I tried on my new system last year was Total War: Warhammer 2 to enjoy the beauty of maxxed out settings and everything running nearly buttery smooth on my 34 inch monitor. I think the first game I tried though was Dominions 5, but that was only because an MP game was underway at the time.

Games I’ve yet to try due to time constraints:

Skyrim SE (heavily modded)
Any of the recent Doom games.
Planet Coaster.

Spend $1 on PC GamePass.

Load and play:

Control, DOOM Eternal, Forza Horizon 3, Gears 5, DiRT 5, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order