What first game for a new PC?

Forza Horizon 3 was the second game I ran on my newly-built PC two years ago. Such a beautiful game. I find it prettier than 4 in all honesty.

I was very impressed by Hitman 3 and Doom 2016 on my 3060 Ti. Also played RDR2, Ashes of the Singularity and Anno 1800 maxed out. None of these shows off RT or DLSS yet, but I am looking forward to that eventually. I held off on Cyberpunk (which was going to be my first RTX game) due to the bugs.

Max Payne 3 looks great still if you have it on your account.

Remember that gamepass is not available to most of the world. At least not legitimately.

Anyway, I second “any latwst Ubisoft game”. My personal preference is Odyssey but if vikinga or mummies are you thing they got you covered too. Watch Dogs Legion has a nice looking city. Red Dead Redemption is probably the nost realisticly looking game but the world is relatively boring, it’s just cowbow countryside.

Your timing is perfect for you new rig, because Armageddon Empires just came to Steam.

As a (once) professional game tester, I feel this is a duty.

Thank you!

Jagged Alliance 2

Well. That’s settled then.

Not actually on Gamepass though. Just checked. Maybe it used to be.

Poops

It got delisted from sale with its licenses expired. So not for sale anywhere anymore.

Did you play the Outer Wilds with your previous hardware?
Been waiting for so many years to be able to play it, but am terrified to do it now that I can, for a variety of reasons XD

It is what I came to post. So glad the Cult of the Wasteland is active as ever.

Great minds…

Cyberpunk #1
MS Flight Sim #2
Planet Zoo #3

Other not graphically intensive, but good newish games:

Per Aspera, Golftopia, Factorio v1.1

Crysis

I mean, ya gotta know, right?

Supreme Commander. I think it has a bug though where if there are too many units it crashes. But of course you could test out how many you could get before your fps plummets or the game crashes, in which case you win!

I don’t think the overall look and feel of Cyberpunk 2077’s night city come together for me (mainly because of the jarring disconnect between the puerile sexual humour in the ads and none of it in the story/missions) even though it’s a great technical achievement. Except for the reflections and neon, the assets and overall composition are the same and don’t come together to form a pleasing whole to me–to me only though.

Yay, RTX?