What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2017?

Other than a couple of games currently in Early Access getting an official release (Endless Space 2, Epic Manager, Pocket Space Empires), I can’t think of anything forthcoming that’s got me excited. I expect the trend of the most interesting work coming from the indies will continue.

I just noticed that Epic Manager just dropped build .99x, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets released this month.

There are a few that interest me for 2017:

Persona 5, if it shows up…
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Nioh
Nier Automata
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Scalebound
State of Decay 2
Frozen Synapse 2
Star Control Origins
Below
Monster Hunter Switch (ahem… ;))

And probably some Switch games I’m not yet aware of. :)

I’m quite looking forward to Divinity, original sin 2, and I’m also, albeit somewhat cautiously, looking forward to Mass Effect Andromeda. And that’s about it really.

Edit: oh, and perhaps Horizon, Zero Dawn. That looked intriguing too…

Expansion to UnderRail and if it comes out, Tides of Numenera.

Only Nioh and Nier: Automata, but I’m keeping an eye on Divinity 2 and maybe some other games that will pop up.

Persona 5! And, I guess, Mass Effect: Andromeda, if I have to.

I’ll try to think of games I haven’t bought yet (so Divinity 2 and Endless Space 2 are out).

So…

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • Vampyr
  • Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord (I hope!)
  • Hand of Fate 2
  • Frozen Synapse 2
  • Tokyo 42
  • ELEX
  • The Long Journey Home
  • Dawn of War 3

I’m pretty sure I’m forgetting something - I may have to edit this one later. ;)

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Detroit: Become Human
What Remains of Edith Finch
Horizon Zero Dawn
Wild

Mass Effect
Urban Empire
Aven Colony
Horizon Zero Dawn possibly.

That’s all I can think of that I must have.

Ticket to Earth
Long Journey Home
Mass Effect

I have no clue what’s coming out so this thread will increase my wishlist for sure!

Oh everything else gets kicked to the curb when Andromeda is released. Of course there are other games I want, but not nearly to the extent that I need a new Mass Effect game.

Guh, I don’t even know, really…

Limit Theory? Maybe?
Frozen Synapse 2
The new Star Control thing

Er…anything with a spaceship?

Geez totally left out probably my #1 anticipated game of 2017…

Red Dead Redemption 2

I’m looking forward to Nintendo Switch and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as well as the new Mario game they’ve more or less confirmed for the system. I’m also looking forward to the day one lineup because I suspect the launch will be solid.

For other machines, Ni-Oh looks good. Anything from Platinum is automatically of interest to me too, so Nier Automata and Scalebound are definitely up there. Persona 5 will almost certainly be in my collection by the end of 2017. The Spider-Man game looks super so I’m hoping for the best from that.

Beyond that, if it is for real, I know I’ll be in for Marvel vs. Capcom 4, which is apparently getting announced this weekend at Capcom Cup. Ready to go for a ride again. :D

Cyberpunk 2077

no idea if it gets released in 2017, but this one has ‘classic’ written all over it

The only reason that one is not in my list is that I don’t think it will come out in 2017. Maybe 2018, if we’re lucky.

A few on my radar:

Sniper Elite 4
State of Decay 2
Tides of Numenera
Star Citizen
Vampyr
Dawn of War 3
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3
Cuphead
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Iron Harvest
Overkill’s The Walking Dead
South Park: The Fractured But Whole

I can’t help it, and I’m only kinda sorry. Not picking on you specifically either, but I can’t quote Scott because HE USED TEXT AS AN IMAGE C’MON WTF.