What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2017?

Or Scott should stop being a scaredy cat about spoilers and go read the thread. :P

No need, I just bought it. Seemed a pretty good price for such a new game, and I did enjoy the demo. Sorry for the annoying thread derail @TimJames and @Rock8man!

All in good fun. In any case, it’s better than posting about everyone’s “haul.”

Oh my goodness, this is the 2017 thread, not the Steam sale thread. I get confused since it’s so hard to check the thread title in Discourse.

I guess I should tap that post slider instead of hitting back like I usually do.

I think it’s a great game, and right now would be my GOTY. It really is the closest thing to a System Shock 2 sequel I’ve seen. I’ve enjoyed it immensely.

Grab these games off your shelf and play them! Both are excellent.

People’s “hauls” were actually interesting to me this year, since I was mostly out of the game because of last year’s sales, and deciding I need to finish those games first. The haul lists actually helped me decide which games I’m looking forward to playing in 2018. Things like Logistical, however that’s capitalized. It was interesting seeing Brian convince a few people to get that game, and then during the Steam sale, I started my Steam app one day, and it was a sea of green names on my friends list, all playing Logistical.

So I’m definitely looking forward to playing that in 2018. Same with Prey.

I was kinda happy there was someone else holding out. Now I … feel alone. :-)

I don’t think I ever play System Shock surprisingly enough.

[quote=“Scott_Lufkin, post:205, topic:127323, full:true”]
That’s good to hear. Various podcasts made it sound like a mixed bag.[/quote]

Mac from Worth a Buy thought it the best FPS since Half Life! “Different to the AAA shite we normally get”. “A blast from the past”.

That’s all the encouragement you should need.

I received my Steam key for Kingdoms & Castles as a backer on Fig.

Will not have a chance to play until next week due to the holiday weekend trip.

I believe the game is supposed to go live in july.

http://kingdomsandcastles.com/

Steam says Late July

WIll definitely be interested in hearing your take on it after you get back from your trip. Hope you enjoy both.

That does look like it could be good. Keep us posted.

Probably not in 2017 but this looks different and promising.
http://burdenofcommand.com/

Ohhhhh, looks very Close Combatey, so I’m totally in. Thanks!

I saw that the other day. If it’s a different enough approach it could get me playing a WWII games again. Oh, and the trailer definitely says “2018”.

Oddly, they don’t mention Close Combat as an inspiration. My colleagues and I were discussing Close Combat the other day and how there really haven’t been any games come out that matched the feel of it. I’d love to see a modern Close Combat.

Squad Leader was totes the inspiration for Close Combat, so…

It’s turn-based though, which is generally a plus in my book, but not very Close Combat-like.

So July has two games I’m interested in - The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (finally coming out for the PC!), and Pyre, a.k.a. the next game from the makers of Bastion and Transistor.

And that’s pretty much it. I might be forgetting something though. ;)

Ah, shit, Pyre comes out this month?

My original list (above) keeps growing. I also forgot about the XCOM 2 expansion. This is heating up to be a really hot second half of the year for me, mostly due to picking up a PS4 and a Switch during the early parts of 2017 and blowing open my gaming options.

Indeed it does.