What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2017?

At the Gates
Torment
OOTP 18
Beyond the Sidelines Football (this is my #1 most wanted game though I’m not sure it’s even coming out this year)

2017 looks pretty empty for me though after OOTP18 is released.

The big Day One release for me will be RDR 2.

After dinking around with Subnautica a bit, I’m now looking forward to its full release.

After watching a Let’s Play of Urban Empire, out in about a month, I’m psyched.

CKII dressed up as a city builder with a layer of Civ on top?

How can you expect to not be disappointed after such a sales pitch! Joking aside, I had never heard of it, and it looks really interesting!

Here is part 1

Well I do love the sound of THAT.

That was my description. But in gaming, as in all things, I go by the old saying “Hope for the best, expect the worst.”

Crackdown 3. Even if it takes being a Scorpio exclusive, please make it good.

Skate 4

(and the power of positive thought)

Age of Conan: Exiles (this will probably disappoint though if it’s like most the other survivals but here’s to hoping.)
**Divinity Original Sin 2 (**only not playing right now to make sure it doesnt’ feel stale before it comes oout
Urban Empire (my city builder needs were not met in 2016)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4) (my sister tells me this will probably get us both to buy PS4)

Birthdays for (PS4) (not actually sure what the release day is for this)
Rune Factory 5 (3DS)
Story of Seasons: Trio of Town (3DS)

Has there been any progress since the developer became very ill?

Titles I’m looking forward to:

• Dawn of War 3
  • Battletech
  • Next Elite: Dangerous season (should be about time in 2017, yes?)
  • How far out is the Bard’s Tale game
  • At the Gates
  • Gary Grigsby’s Steel Panther successor (some rumblings about this possibly hitting in 2017 along with WITE 2.0)

I’m sure plenty of other things

They announced the hiring of a new lead in February with a new release date of Summer/Fall 2017, but no new updates since then.

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Battletech
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
Tokyo 42
UBOOT
Shock Tactics
South Park The Fractured But Whole
Hand of Fate 2
WARTILE

I guess they figure with 39 at least some of them should actually stick in 2017… sheesh that’s a big list.

I went through this thread, along with the PC Gamer article someone posted today and I have to say 2017 doesn’t look to be as great as 2016 to me. It seems like there was such a glut of good games this year it was kind of amazing. I guess we will learn about games during the year and there will be a bunch of surprises, so 2017 can still be great. But, based on what I know now, these are the ones I’m looking forward too - or at least have some hope for,

1. Endless Space 2: Can the Endless devs breathe some life into the space 4X genre? The more recent ones I have bought were pretty stale.

2. Urban Empire: Looks really cool, but my expectations are tempered by the fact that Kalypso is the publisher.

3. Kingdom Come: Deliverance: This looks really cool.

4. State of Decay 2: The first was really good. Hopefully they have a larger budget with this one and can really polish it up.

5. Mass Effect: Andromeda: Hey it’s Mass Effect!

6. Lords of the Fallen 2: I think I liked this original more than most, so hopefully this is at least as good.

7. Super Mega Baseball: I can’t believe how much I played the original. This looks even better.

8. Agents of Mayhem: It’s by the Saints Row people - my favorite open world crazy sh%t game.

9. Mount and Blade Bannerlord: I’ve always been intreged by Mount and Blade. Maybe this will be the thing to suck me in.

10. Darkest Dungeon: The Crimson Court: Base game is good so why not?

I’ve been intrigued by it as well. But kept away because I hate the mouse and keyboard controls. But this being 2017 I have hopes that they’ll come with a gamepad control scheme. And if I like the control scheme, then I can finally give the rest of the game a chance to appeal to me.

Seeing Quake Champions on that 2017 list by PC Gamer was interesting. On this forum, we’re saying look how they misjudged that the appeal of DOOM was going to be multiplayer and SnapMap, and geared all the free and paid DLC towards that. So Quake Champions always seemed like a losing proposition to me, viewed through that prism.

But seeing Overwatch get all the GOTY awards and seeing its popularity, I was just thinking this morning that maybe I’m wrong about that. Maybe a Quake game that’s an arena shooter like Overwatch will do really well and be super successful for them.

I’m still not interested in it, of course, but after Dishonored and DOOM and other games, I have a lot of goodwill towards Bethesda/Zenimax, so I hope they find success with it.

Worlds Adrift.
Camelot Unchained.
Call of Cthulhu.