What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2017?

No Star Control?

Has there been any news on Long Journey Home recently?

Don’t ask me. I can’t imagine anyone giving a shit about Tracer’s story in Overwatch either. All you do is go into an arena and fight people. Who the hell cares, what the character’s back story is when there’s no single player campaign or story mode?

Is Star Control actually slated to hit 1.0 this year? I’m trying to focus on complete games.

And I think LJH is still plugging ahead.

After being dropped by Sony, Tequila Works bought the rights for Rime back and arranged publishing with Grey Box and Six Foot. It was just re-revealed as a multiplatform release for May.

Second half of 2017 according to an Ars article from October.

@MrTibbs Rime looks amazing.

The Kickstarter pitch video for Convicted Galaxy is positively awful.

There are so many space games coming out now that I’ve literally never heard of any of these. Except Void Destroyer 2 when you ranted about space games with the word void in them, which remains one of my favorite posts.

Wait, Rogue System is the study sim one. So I know one of them! But if it comes out as 1.0 in 2017 I’ll eat a void.

Well sure, early access or 1.0. I’m trying to focus on 1.0 games here.

I think the first phase, which includes a few ships and the campaign, has a solid chance of coming out this year. I hope.

Today’s announcement also gives us a tentative release date and an early price: the game will be coming to Windows and consoles, and the PC release will be in the second half of 2017. For $35 (£30), players can join the studio’s “Founder’s Program” and get access to the closed beta and some additional developer goodies.

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but sounds like release to me.

I am looking forward to Divinity Original Sin 2. Ins’t that supposed to come out this year?

I prefer Xbox as well when it comes to multiplatform on console. If I want to be ‘social’ in an mp game, Xbox 1 has actually been a better online experience (plus it has alot more mp focused exclusives). And like some others have said, the backwards compat is a huge boon… its like console pc gaming really…

Whats ironic to me is late 2000’s when 360 was king, the online on xbox was so filled with filthy pre teen racists, but somehow now that crowd has moved to playstation (atleast when i last played blackops 3 on ps4). But thats just anecdotal. I dont play CoD on xbox anymore.

I am REALLY looking forward to Scorpion, because the specs are near a credible gaming pc equivalent to like 800+ bux… will be interesting to see how well Microsoft can pull it off. Games, the usual…

Mass Effect Andromeda
Red Dead Redemption 2
State of Decay 2 (this one hope is given more AAA treatment)
…some unknown Steam Early Access game that sneaks in to be a hit like Ark…

Hopefully you’re right, then!

Hope so. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I never played Star Control, but Starflight 2 was an old favorite. I love stuff like that, or SAIS or Long Journey Home, where you stumble around the Galaxy, explore planets, and find freaky alien artifacts and upgrades.

Yes it is. I’ve played part of Chapter 1 but it’s frequently changing. It’s in pretty good shape though so far. the 3 person MP we’re doing is good but we’ve put it on hold as not to spoil too much.

Tom’s stream tonight has me looking forward to this now.

And in a similar vein, Days Gone (PS4) looks interesting, too.

So, if you had Scalebound in your list…

Darn. I was curious about that game. Oh well.

Yeah, it was in my list, mostly because of Platinum. :(

Bad news, it’s been cancelled

Wait, was Scalebound cancelled?

The backlog, especially on the xBox One.