What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2017?

OK, I’m sold.

It seems unusually strong to me. RE7, Nioh, already out and Nier, Horizon, and Mass Effect coming soon

It does seem like the perfect game for you, all things considered.

As I posted upthread, I wasn’t expecting much so I’m not really disappointed. The most interesting titles seems to be coming from the indies, as usual.

I would be all over Nioh, but I don’t have a PS4. I hope it makes it to the PC one day. :(

How are the controls on Disgaea 2 for PC?

Better than Disgaea 1. I’ve been playing with mouse & keyboard (and most of the normal gameplay loop can actually be done with the mouse alone), and when you get used to its quirks, it works pretty well.

Part 1 releasing on March 15th

Updating my wants list…

PREY
Endless Space 2
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr
Total War: Warhammer 2
Agents of Mayhem
Frostpunk
Hob

I guess I’m done for the year!

Oooh this looks interesting.

Not until you play through Horizon!

I missed this bump last week. It feels like we’ve made it past the danger zone. Not that it helps my recent backlog, but at least I don’t plan on adding to it the rest of the year.

We’re also a third of the way through 2017 and still no firm date on Mount & Blade 2!

I’ll take the chance and add Middle Earth: Shadow of War and The Surge to my list.

And yeah, Mount & Blade 2 stays there. I want to believe!!!

EDIT: funny how two of my favorite games this year (NieR: Automata and Persona 5) weren’t even in my original list. Then again, NieR: Automata on PC was not a certainty back then, and I didn’t know Persona 5 would get a PS3 release. :)

Mostly I’m looking forward to Gloomhaven at this point, though I’m hoping Destiny 2 pans out as well.

Horizon: ZD and Persona 5 are still on my “want to play” list, but I so rarely play SP games that who knows when I’ll get to them.

The spiritual sequel to one of my all time favorite games, Microprose’s Red Storm Rising, should be released soon according to RPS.

Fans of CW touchstone Red Storm Rising will be pleased to learn that knuckles have made it into the remake/homage. When moving at speed it’s possible, through violent changes of rudder direction, to produce ‘knuckles’ of disturbed water that confuse pursuing torpedoes.

Oh man the memories. The progression from Permit → Thresher → 688 -->688i and finally the Seawolf, which was still on the drawing board when RSR came out. The early days of the loud as hell Soviet subs and then their over night quieting thanks to the Toshiba-Kongsberg scandal. Were VLS tubes worth the cost? Will the swim out version of the Mark48 give you and edge in fight with the Akula? RSR was amazing in scope without going all button pushing like Sonalysts and their sims. All I ever wanted was RSR with a graphical update and this looks like it’s going to fit the bill.

Hey that’s awesome, I love submarine games! (Imagine that) but I don’t really have the patience or attention span for hardcore sims these days. Well, ok, never really did, but I always really loved the idea of submarine games. Mainly to find out how fast I could get to crush depth, but we all enjoy games in our own ways, don’t we.

You have made an old man very happy today.

And a trailer appeared!

If its half as good as their last game I will be happy. Can’t wait!