What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2018?

So what is everyone looking forward to in 2018? My wallet is already in pain! :)
Here are a few games I am interested in:

Anno 1800
Red Dead Redemption 2
Metro: Exodus
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Frostpunk
State of Decay 2
Jurassic World Evolution
System Shock
Far Cry 5
We Happy Few
Vampyr
BattleTech
Deep Rock Galactic
They Are Billions
Surviving Mars
Greedfall

References:

Ace
Combat

They Are Billions
Battletech
Wargroove
Phantom Brigade
Monster Hunter World
Deep Rock Galactic
AI War 2
Farm Manager
Railway Empire

Hoping for a good Tower Defense game to surprise me

That Which Sleeps (again)
At The Gates (again)

Six Ages - The long long long-awaited sequel to King of Dragon Pass.

Vigilantes - It’s like Chaos Overlords except with X-Com tactical combat. It’s in early access now and I’m waiting impatiently until it’s officially released to play it.

Mount & Blade II - They’ve got to be within a year of releasing it by now.

Same as 2017: Outer Wilds…

Also Cogmind and Depths of Extinction, but since you can play those already.
Release years are so passé!

Battletech and any DLC for Warhammer 2.

The ones I can recall now:

• Mount & Blade II
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Vampyr
  • FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION
  • Frozen Synapse 2
  • Darksiders III
  • Anno 1800

Still looking forward to Crackdown 3.

If I thought Metroid Prime 4 was a 2018 title, I’d look forward to that, too.

Darkest Night 2E
Indivisible
La-Mulana 2
Bloodstained
Them’s Fightin’ Herds
AI War II
Barkley 2 if they can pull it together and release it in the next year

It’s a bit frustrating that a couple of these titles were on my 2017 list, but it’s more worrying that, aside from Bloodstained, everything I can think of that I’m actively looking forward to is something I backed on Kickstarter or Indiegogo (and I was mostly just too broke to back Bloodstained at the time). Some of that is just a lack of concrete release dates for games I’m actually interested in, and I’ve seen a few games that look somewhat interesting but that I don’t have a usable PC for, but when I look through lists like the articles linked above, I see a lot of “meh” or “haha, you really think this could hit in 2018?” (“Optimistic” is a bit too polite for anyone thinking Kingdom Hearts III or the first episode of the Final Fantasy VII remake could be out next year.) As usual, I expect there’ll be more interesting stuff announced during the year (Nintendo in particular has been known to announce games six months or less before release), but just going from what we know about right now, things honestly look pretty weak.

• Basically Monster Hunter World!
  • and Fire Emblem on Switch
  • SMT V if released next year
  • I guess Red Dead and Last of Us twos
  • and I’m sure Nintendo has some unannounced surprises so looking forward to seeing what those are
  • RDR2
  • Detroit Become Human
  • Vampyr
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  • Deadstick Bush Flight Simulator

Do we have a release timeframe for Cyberpunk 2077 yet?

That’s a nice catch, although it’s easy to forget that project even exists: nothing seems to perspire of what has been going on with that game since its supposed release in 2016.

They send out regular Kickstarter updates for their backers. There was a significant delay from the lead dev (of an already small team) having to go in for surgery a while back, but everything’s been going smoothly aside from that - they just massively underestimated their dev cycle with the original given delivery date.

Battletech, I guess. Banner Saga 3?

I don’t think I know very many games scheduled to come out out next year.

Hmmmm, let’s see…

• Whatever deliciousness @tbaldree is concocting.
  • Limit Theory (Maybe?!)
  • Avorion
  • Lightspeed Frontier
  • Battletech
  • Astrox Imperium

Probably others I can’t recall, but it’s looking to be another great year for gaming in 2018.

Far and away #1:
Spire of Sorcery

Also still hopeful about That Which Sleeps

Maybe Rise of Industry

Looks like Brian beat me to it.

• Also sign me up for whatever @tbaldree has in store (hopefully it’s coming 2018)
  • Another 2018 hopeful, the next Tomb Raider. It would be a shame not to release the game near the movie release. And hopefully the PC version doesn’t have to wait long.

That Czech thing set in the middle ages. Maybe State of Decay 2. Maybe Vampyr if it didn’t just look so dark all the time. Greedfall despite the name, because I support the EuRPG. Maybe Metro Exodus if it really is less constrained than its forebears. I buy all Ubigames, so Far Cry 5. I buy all Tomb Raiders so yeah.

I have very limited tastes these days. Someone recommend me a Tower Defense or something.

I’m also hoping something good happens in VR.

e: Huh? Why do we have forward and backward threads?

This. So much this.