What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2018?

Last of Us 2. Hoping it doesn’t make my list for looking forward to in 2019.

I keep forgetting about Code Vein (anime Souls). Early 2018. I’ll play that if it’s good. Let’s hope.

This looks pretty good:

So much of this makes no sense to me.

Hellhunter is an investigative action RPG

Ok, so it’s an ARPG where you investigate things?

that pits you against the horrors of the afterlife, let loose on a small town.

That doesn’t sound very investigative. Mostly your standard ARPG fare maybe?

As a Hellhunter, you’ll plan, hunt, and kill to pay the bills

Plan and THEN hunt and kill? So like the original Rainbow Six? I’m assaulting this mansion. The afterlife monsters are holed up in this room over here with the hostages they’re threatening to send to purgatory.

and get revenge on the monster that butchered your family. Just remember - a smart hunter is always prepared.

I give up trying to picture this.

Looking at the screenshots for it, my guess is you do some research at the sites, figure out what is haunting there and read some book entries , then hit the black market and your car trunk for gear to go kick some monster ass. :)

Or think of it as GRIMM as a video game.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/01/01/games-of-2018-preview/

Another list.

One I haven’t seen mentioned and hasn’t been showing up on the lists is First of the North Star. It’s got the Yakuza team making it and it shows, looks to be that type of game applied to the FotNS license. I’m assuming of course they bring it over to the States though.

It looks like the year of the citybuilder. Holy crap.

• Frostpunk
  • Surviving Mars
  • Anno 1800
  • Rise of Industry
  • They are Billions (ok, half citybuilder, half RTS)

heh

30 games and none of them are Six Ages. Tsk tsk.

We’d also get to enjoy the cultural hive that is Portland

But can American Truck Simulator really simulate the experience of standing around Pioneer Courthouse Square with a Voodoo Donuts box and a facial expression that says “yes, I am definitely a tourist”?

Crazy that they included Cyberpunk on there, and then admitted it shouldn’t be on there because it won’t release in 2018.

I suppose the act of anticipating a game is a game onto itself, so the act of anticipating Cyberpunk will be a game some will play in 2018.

Pretty much anything new from Nintendo is on my radar for 2018. Same with Platinum Games.

@forgeforsaken reminded me of the Fist of the North Star game and that’s something I’m looking forward to for sure. In fact, SEGA has been putting out a lot of quality stuff between them and Atlus, so that’s another developer/publisher that has me excited for 2018.

I’m also excited to see what SNK puts out as there are a lot of rumors of things like a new Samurai Shodown game and more. They are apparently working on something for Switch too.

For the beginning of 2018, I’m really looking forward to the Analogue Super Nt which they hopefully will ship in February. I’m very excited to play the included Turrican games but also to see all the SNES glory on my HDTV on original carts. Retro gaming in general still gets me excited daily.

Most of all, I’m really excited about our hobby and looking forward to another year packed with great games. 2017 was loaded. I expect nothing less from 2018.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Battletech
Phoenix Point
Metro Exodus
Surviving Mars

Not a game as such, but @Lennart_Sas did promise to reveal more information on Triumph’s secret project, so i am looking forward to that.

Frost Punk
Phoenix Point (probably not till 2019)
Burden of Command
Spire of Sorcery (Because That Which Sleeps is That Which Died)

They’ve been promising to do that for … 3 years, now?

A bit more concrete.

Battletech

Everything else is a distant second.

I forgot about Industries of Titan!

Is there any chance the new Underworld will come out this year? Haven’t paid attention to updates in awhile.