What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2018?

Untitled Goose Game

Really looking forward to:

Anthem
Death Stranding
Red Dead Redemption 2
Vampyr
Far Cry 5
Monster Hunter World
A Way Out

Interested in:

Cyberpunk 2022 … maybe? Only because it’s CD Project Red to be honest
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Greedfall looks really interesting

I love that name. What is it with the huge surge of city builders though? Was there a super-hit city builder this decade that set this off a few years ago?

Cities Skylines has around 4 million copies sold, that was 2015. The market is hungry for a good city builder / resource management game.

Anno games comes out every 3-4 years, so its on a normal release cycle.

Ah, that explains it. I know about the Anno games, but I think those make steady coin, but nothing that sets the sales chart on fire, I don’t think. Usually it takes a bit hit to set off a trend. I didn’t know Cities Skyline sold so well.

16 Europa Universalis IV expansions at $20 a piece.

Being a 7 Days To Die junkie, looking forward to the EA for Dead Matter to see if it has the right mojo.

https://playdeadmatter.com/

That looks very interesting @mok, thanks for the head’s up. Wonder when it will hit early access.

I’m hoping 2018 is the year we finally get Below.

Is this coming out in 2018? I haven’t been tracking it. I have extremely mixed feelings about this game though I’m certain I’ll end up buying it. May be my last Bioware game though.

6 months ago they claimed in 6 months - EDIT: for the backer Alpha. Latest rumor is “Q2 2018”. I knew the 6 months proposal was very aggressive and based on Kickstarter track records for games I figured it would slip. I suspect it will be Fall in the least most likely, but I could be pleasantly surprised.

Fall 2018 is what they’re saying at the moment.

Excellent. Sort of. What’s this “should be the year” nonsense, though!? :)

Nice find. Some of those seem really cool, and I’d never heard of them before.

Also, I had no idea that

A Way Out
Darksiders 3

were Indie games.

Eurogamer gets in on the act:

Now that I know about it (thanks, Mr. Chick), Nantucket.

It’s neat to watch that video and observe the patterns in indie game development.

I forgot about Anno 1800 until it was mentioned upthread. Due to my interest in that period, I am looking forward to it very much.

It seems Rule the Waves 2 is in preparation for this year, so I am looking forward to that. And Book of Demons. And whatever Rodina got in stock for us this year. And The Outer Wilds, still, of course.