What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2018?

Why do you think the name is so generic? Sshhhhh.

Release date is announced as Sept 7th for this one. Still hopeful.

Apparently Rule the Waves II is coming this year, so yay!

I’m looking forward to every single game being postponed to 2019 so I can get caught up on my massive backlog without being tempted to buy anything else!

One of the worst kept rumors of the past few months, the Spyro Reignited Trilogy is releasing September 21st.

Cool. I’ve never even seen the originals before. Only read some post-mortem on Gamasutra about one of the games once, the third in the trilogy I think. And of course, I saw the ads they used to run on TV.

Also it says Toys for Bob at the end there. Did they do the original, or just this remake?

The originals were done by Insomniac who moved on to Ratchet & Clank and Resistance and are currently busy with Spider-Man. Toys for Bob has been involved with the franchise since Skylanders and while that isn’t my cup of tea I’ve heard they did a good job with those games.

I replayed a couple of the Spyro games on PS1 a while back and they really haven’t aged well. Of course a lot of those early polygonal games look terrible, and I imagine the redone, reignited whatever will fix that, but the controls and gameplay were really rough. Ratchet and Clank was a huge step up for those guys.

At this point my list is pretty small.

Anno 1800 (maybe)
Spider-man (probably)
RDR2 (maybe)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (very likely)

God of War
Spider-Man
Red dead

Are all basically prepurchases.

Is Phoenix Point this year?

I’ve decided to jump on the hype train for Spider Man. I have a good feeling about it. (my spider senses are tingling hehe.)

Kingdom Come was on my 2018 list and while the game turned out really good, technical issues have made me shelve it for now and wait for more patches. If you’re going to leave out quicksave, at least give us a stable game.

So far my GOTY is Subnautica.

Spire of Sorcery by the Gremlins, Inc. and Eador developer.

I only have a few must-have games this year:

Battletech - from Harebrained Schemes (Kickstarter’ed)

Vampyr - from Life is Strange and Remember Me devs (DONTNOD)

And then for the weird “who borrowed whose idea first” category, two oddly similar games from two great indie devs, both with many superficial similarities:

Heaven’s Vault - from Inkle, the dev-software house that made the 80 Days around the World and the underrated Sorcery! games.

… and then In the Valley of Gods, by Santo Campo, the Firewatch and ex-Telltale guys.

… both of which games feature female protagonists Tomb Raiding. Probably neither with combat. Although Heaven’s Vault is I believe sci fi. To give Inkle credit i’m pretty sure they announced first.

Is there a PC port of RDR2?

Not announced, but I have no doubt they will announce it after the console versions are released.

Looking forward to Disgaea 5 complete on PC.

Yeah, Spire of Sorcery looks to have the potential to be truly great. Dev diaries have me drooling, and they spell out even more on Discord, particularly in the question and answer section.

and

http://www.trailblazersgame.com/

WarGroove is still coming out this year, right?

it’s supposed to. Those little sprites(?) bring me back to Genghis Khan II and Gemfire… might be confusing the two.