What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2018?

Having loved Yakuza 0 to pieces and just beaten Yakuza Kiwami, no other game matters more to me than Yakuza Kiwami 2.

I’ll be excited for the poetic precursor to that series:

I love the second game as much as I dislike the first one.

Really? I only played the first one. Did the improve some game systems, or have a better story, or what?

The visuals. The game is one of the very rare artistically beautiful 3D rendered game to me.

It is my guess the blandness of the first game’s Japanese city was wanted to emphasize the sharp contrast of the crazy visual creativity of the following game.

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection for the online play to relive my misspent youth in smoke pool halls and dodgy arcades.

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr has morphed into a day one purchase for me, so there’s that.

It initially looked very interesting but the requirement for a 3rd party account and a constant on-line connection (no single player mode like Grim Dawn) caused me to lose interest. I guess they’re trying to be the Warhammer version of Diablo3 but I’ll be surprised if they keep the server up much longer than a year.

Well…bully for you…I guess…?

Thanks for mentioning those issues, I didn’t realize that.

Same, thanks for the heads up. Both thise issues are negatives for me as well.

Here are the remaining 2018 games I’m looking forward to:

20180525 Detroit Being Human (PS4)
20180605 Vampyr
20180907 Spider Man (PS4)
20180914 Shadow of the Tomb Raider
20181026 Red Dead Redemption 2
201812?? Anno 1800

I’m keeping an eye on this one too. It’s weird that this genre is so sparse. Diablo II almost stood alone for so many years, and then in recent years we got three good ones: Diablo III for consoles, Path of Exile and Grim Dawn.

The latest I saw of Martyr on their steam page is it won’t be released next week as planned. They’re delaying the release until June 5th.

Interesting. Maybe the console version is the way to go then? PC version of Diablo III also sucked because of always-online requirements. But the console version of Diablo III can be played fully offline. That’s probably the case with Martyr as well.

I already bought it a couple of weeks ago, have 14 hours in it already. LOVE IT.

That first trailer is terrible. The Death’s Gambit trailer was a good one, even kind of funny with it’s dramatic over-the-top presentation.

Thanks for sharing those!

So it is true: there are people who managed to finish the first La-Mulana.

Indivisible delayed to 2019. New backer preview build coming next month, though!

Looks like Metro Exodus has been delayed to Q1 2019 as well.

I saw Game Informer updated their release schedule, so I used it to put together an updated list for myself. Note some games I’m not sure about (Vampyr) but look like they could potentially be something I enjoy, so they made the cut, and others I might like but know so little about (Detroit, for instance) don’t, so this isn’t a definitive list for me, just where I’m at today. Also, I noticed it lacked Pathfinder Kingmaker (probably the next biggest game for me this year after PoE2) so there may be other titles (like stuff coming out of Early Access?) that I will want to look at.

Early 2018 is over by now. I haven’t heard much about this since last year. I assume it’s been delayed?