What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2018?

A fellow Solarized Light theme user, hooray!

Google says maybe June or July for Code Vein.

The game looks pretty mediocre. I’m not even paying attention to it anymore. Wake me up if it’s good.

The Dragon Age Inquisition thread reminded me Spiders studios are a thing, and this apparently still slated for a 2018 release:

Mars War Logs was a terrible KotOR riff. The bad Bound By Flame screamed Witcher 2 envy to its very core. The Technomancer boldly approaced mediocrity.

I’m sure Greedfall will be an intelligent and sensitve look at colonialism and not at all a sub-par, clunky western rpg that I will definitely pick up the first chance I get because I’m a total sucker.

Are you playing as the righteous enforcer of the peace who has to hunt down evil witches with their animal demons?
Or as the good woodelf with her trusty sidekick who has to fend of the evil colonists?

If I were to hazard a guess, I’d say you play the guy or gal in the very last shot shot who has to make a choice between the british imperialist and the very white wood elf.

I liked that trailer.

Hey, what’s that spy game that looks like XCOM meets… uh… spies? I think it has the word “Doctrine” in the title? That looked awesome - is that 2018?

Sometime in 2018.

Nice. Shit, I have to update my list…

Hell yeah, Notepad++ is super fun to use and I just love the solarized theme!

I like it too. And it’s genuinely one of the games I’m looking forwad to the most this year.

Even when they’re bad, which is 95% of the time, you can feel Spiders striving to knock it out of the park. This might just be my predeliction for western rpg:s speaking, but they’re the equivalent of sitting down with an enthusiastic b-movie.

Spiders and the Two Worlds people need to merge. Sort of B + B = AA. Maybe.

Have you tried out Sublime Text? https://www.sublimetext.com/

Imperator:Rome
Aggressors:Ancient Rome

Some gameplay!

Oh my god, why wouldn’t he/she destroy the crates at the start that were just looking to be destroyed? I don’t think watching other people play a game is for me.

There’s a more informative video here:

He says he’s excited about the game now despite thinking the early gameplay videos looked pretty bad. Was it because Bandai Namco flew him out for a preview event and now he subconsciously feels connected to the game? I guess we’ll have to play ourselves to find out!

I just learned you don’t have to take a companion! Wow! This is back on my radar. Without the annoying NPC, surely it will be good enough to play as a bargain bin game at least.

This is my list of games to play sometime this year

God of War
Detroit: Become Human
Vampyr
Crew 2
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Spider-Man
Red Dead Redemption 2
Call of Cthulhu
The Sinking City

At least I hope CoC and Sinking City will come out this year. They probably won’t. I am sad Metro got delayed, but I get it, bugs need squashing.